Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2010, 10:28 PM   #1 
Kokonoko

Incense Intoxication(???)

First off I'd like to say a large, "THANK YOU!" to this site and forum!^_^ Without it I might have been stuck doing days-on-end research for the proper way to care for a betta fish friend. (Although, being addicted to my new friend, I still seem to do quit a bit of tireless research anyhow lol)

However, a recent thought occured to me while I was setting up my relaxing environment... can the fumes from my inscense mix with the fish tank water? And if so would this harm the betta fish? I couldn't imagine that it would since I'm not wafting it over the water like a mad-scientist, but I thought I'd better double check first.

Heres the details of the Riddle's(My betta friend) home!
-10g tank
-Tetra 3-10g Whisper Filter
-1 Plant in its teens, another bulb budding
-1 Apple Snail
-1 Betta Fish (Riddle)
-1 inch gravel, 4 silk plants, 2 pirate ships, smoothed river stones (Store bought)

Hope I listed all the necessary detailed. Erm, I know the decor of the tank doesn't matter to much but I thought I'd add it in anyhow. Thank you!
Kokonoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:34 PM   #2 
JKfish

It looks alright, but you'll need a good heater to keep Riddle's tank between 76-80 degrees fahrenheit. Because bettas are cold blooded, they need the heat to help them digest properly and keep their immune system high.

The only way I could think of incense harming your betta is if he inhales too much of it when he comes up for air? Maybe like smoking? I don't know, someone else could probably give you an actual answer.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #3 
Kokonoko

Thank you for the response =D Yea I didn't think about inhaling it, thats somewhat of an awkward site to picture lol As far as the ehater, I do plan on eventually grabbing one soon. Right now the house I live in has a rather shotty air-conditioner, so the average temp of the rooms is actually about 86 during day time, and only slips to down about 76 at night. As a college student I'm trying to scrap the money together to grab a heater though for a more constant temp in the Tank =(
Kokonoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:23 PM   #4 
JKfish

I'm not actually sure if the incence would hurt him... but I tend to be very cautious with my bettas ^_^

Well, if it's that hot, even with the temperature fluctuations, I'm pretty sure he'll be alright for a while until you can get a heater.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote