Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #1 
Welsh

Already

It has been 2 days since I got my bettas and already I am planning on getting another lol

I am looking at the 7.8 gallon cycling and wondering how to divide it lol. There are two pieces of glass that are stuck to the walls which I assume are for resting a hood, at the moment my water level is over the glass bits but I was thinking, if I lowered the water I could then stick a divider in the middle OR I could take the glass bits off, they are stuck on with aquarium sealant, hmmm.... maybe I can get a fish store betta this time around and finally have a CT

When will this addiction end, I swore that my RT would be the last male betta and then 2 weeks on I have a HM and now thinking about getting another lol.
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:19 PM   #2 
vaygirl

It's awful isn't it?! I had to update my GPS today and instead of spending money on a new map I argued my husband into spending 40 dollars more on a new GPS. (Garmin sucks!) He says, yes, you can get it but no more fish tanks for a year. And I said fine! And went away and brooded and then came back to whine about it. Lol! "You didn't really mean it about the fish tanks right?" He just had to laugh.

We're obsessed!!!!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:52 PM   #3 
Welsh

Haha, that made me giggle Vaygirl

It is terrible, I only started out with fish 5 months ago and I already have 3 tanks haha.

I really want a Dwarf pufferfish awell though, I saw yours and instantly fell in love lol
Old 07-31-2010, 05:16 PM   #4 
vaygirl

That puffer was SUPPOSED to be my LAST fish. LOL!

They're really very cute and not much more work then a betta. Frozen food and snails is the most complicated part of their care.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:21 PM   #5 
Welsh

Haha, and how many more fish have you had since Huey?

I've been researching them since I left the last comment and they are the most cutest fish I think I have ever seen haha. I can't get another tank though and even if I divide the 7.8 gall the 4 gall will be too small
Old 07-31-2010, 10:07 PM   #6 
vaygirl

Yeah, they do need 5 gallons. And they can be really vicious so I wouldn't divide them even if I could. I'd be too worried they'd escape and tear someone up. Is it space that's stopping you or money, or both? Hehe.

Only one more since Huey. Hehehe. But I've been making plans in my head to get this teeny dalmation I saw at Petco. And then Tango's been chasing the corys a lot lately and I've been mulling over moving him into his own 6 gallon and getting a couple Gourami for my 16. Lol! I asked my husband, "What if I have to move Tango?" and he's like... "You don't!" :P

But he's laughing. There's virtually nothing he can do to stop me from doing what I want.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #7 
Welsh

Definately space, who would have thought a fish that small would need allll that room lol and its your fault you know :p if you hadn't had posted pics the other day I wouldnt have wanted one lol but then I got researching and now I want one even more
Old 08-01-2010, 08:20 AM   #8 
KBoone

I look at Aquabid everyday and really have to talk myself out of anything when I go to the petstore. It's sad.. But so much fun! I feel ya!
KBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #9 
vaygirl

I know, I look on Aquabid too. Every day. Lol!

The puffer thing, I saw one at Petco and fell in love but he was sold. It took 4 months for them to get another one in. He was SO tiny. He was less then half an inch when I brought him home. I was scared to death he wouldn't make it. Now he's maybe 3/4 of an inch? And I hand-feed him bloodworms with tweezers. He's so cute. He comes up to the tank and makes googly eyes at you. --->@-@

Hehe, sorry I showed him to ya! :P
Old 08-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #10 
frogipoi

I said I won't get bettas till X-mas but here I am, getting more for my b-day (6 girls) Crazy right?
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote