Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #1 
Aven

Exclamation Fungal Infection?

Aurora has two white spots on his head... At first I thought it was ich, but it did not look like salt. Then I thought it was fungal infection, but he acts normally. Is this just a early stage? and what could have caused this?
Aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

How is he acting and eating, any changes from his normal behavior?

How big is the tank, how much and how often are the water changes and when was the last one, additives used, filtration, live plants, water temp, any medication or treatment tried and how long have you had him now.

Can you post a pic?
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #3 
Aven

He is eating normally, and might be moving a little less? But not sulking on the bottom. The tank is 6 gallons, but probably only filled to 5.5 right now. I was planning on doin 50% water changes every week. I use Nutrafin aqua plus and Nutrafin cycle in the water. Water temp is around 80 % and I've only had him for less than a week. Ill try and post a pic soon. Thanks OFL youre a lifesaver :D
Old 08-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

I would start by making 50% daily water changes for 3-4 days and see is it will resolve on it own with clean water, if not I would QT and do a salt treatment
Aquarium salt 1tsp/gal with 100% daily water changes for 10 days, if you have IAL or oak leaves add this too, but if not don't worry about it.

Do you have a filter?
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #5 
Aven

Yes