Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2007, 11:36 PM   #11 
Firebelly girrl

Hi have you ever checked out craigslist.com? I have found many great homes for homeless dogs I have taken in, but theirs fish adoptions on their also. If you post an ad saying your looking for somebody with a big tank, somebody might be able to help you =) Just make sure YOU take the little guy to them so you know they DO have the tank and they wont have him in something to small =) Just a suggestion if you havent rehomed found a petstore for him =)
Good luck!
Firebelly girrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:41 AM   #12 
fish_4_all

Don't feel too bad about the mistakes, most of the time it is not our fault. After all, when g o out and get a dog we expect to be told how large the animal will get and how to take care of them. Fish stores don't care about this and are all about making money. Some are good, especially the mom and pop places but all of them can give bogus advice at times.

Craigs list is ok but why not Aquabid.com This is a good place with experienced fish keepers looking for fish and you might make a few bucks at the same time. Aslo, you can place an add on this forum and see if anyone wants it. Some people have a really hard time finding them in their town.

The betta will be fine in a 5 gallon with a light filter and water changes. I would also recommend staying with live or frozen foods and the betta bites because of a trend I have seen with alot of bettas in community tanks becoming bloated from too much food or the wrong foods as the betta will eat anything you put in.
fish_4_all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:19 AM   #13 
Kathy60

Thanks! I will post an ad and see what happens.
The betta is pretty shy and hides under the plants if the light gets left on for any length of time. I've only been feeding him every other day as he doesn't seem hungry enough to eat every day....just lets it fall to the bottom. But he is so pretty when he does come out!
Kathy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #14 
cjz722c

I would probably try to take out your algae eater becuase they grow very big. Yes, you can put a Siamese Fighting Fish.
cjz722c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:56 AM   #15 
bettamad

I have 2 bettas in a 10 gallon and (stupidly) bought a gorgeous clown pleco to help with algae. Soon I realised he needed a far bigger tank so I went over to scotland (im in Ireland) to give my fish to this nice lady with a large wooded tank! (Ok, I was going to Ikea too)..

But don't kill it, just offer it to someone.. AE and bettas do get on, but only in a suitable sized tank.
bettamad is offline   Reply With Quote