Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #1 
naturegirl243

Female betta tank question

So We recently got a female she is tiny.Technically I bought her but I share her with my mom cause she loves the females she only buys females and has never actually had a male lol.Anyways she was thinking about getting another one and we could try putting them together, but would it be ok to just have two together I mean is that a good number or is it a bad idea?and what would be the smallest tank size I could have that well still be a good size I was thinking maybe a 2.5 gallon would be good but I want to be sure.I have had bettas for awhile but I am basically re learning everything and trying to be a good fish mommy.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #2 
naturegirl243

Oh I forgot I don't have room for anything over a 5 gallon so if it should be bigger I won't do it.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #3 
Oldfishlady

I would not put 2 females together in a 2.5g tank, the smallest tank for a sorority IMO is 20g with 8-15 females, however, many posters here have great success with 10g tank sorority with 4-8 females.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #4 
naturegirl243

ok thank you I will let her know that if she wants to put her girls together that we have to get one big tank right now she has three including the tiny one but if we got a bigger tank we would get one more so I will approch her about getting a 10g tank and see what she thinks.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #5 
Welsh

I have 7 females in a 12 gallon and have had nothing but success, don't get me wrong there have been some nips here and there but nothing that has been of any serious worry and the females even shoal together which I find weird lol. I'm brave but not brave enough to put them in a 2.5 plus I find the females to be quite active so they will need more swimming space Keep pushing for that 10gallon
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #6 
naturegirl243

haha yeah I am trying we went to petco today cause I needed a couple things and showed my mom the nice plan ten gallon tank she liked the idea but thinks it's more time consuming to have one big tank rather then three small ones.She is also weired about fish tanks she does not like it when they are all over the place which I could have tanks and tanks of them and think it would be wonderful lol.We also would have to find a spot for it not quite sure where we would put a 10 gallon.

Oh on a side note today I got Anardil a 2.5 gallon tank rather then the 1 gallon I have it all ready and I put bowl conditioner in and it has a water filter.But how long should I wait before I put him in there?I don't have any testing stuff right now and I could get some tonight, but I worry about his current tank cause the glass has almost moved inward where it is sealed on the side.