Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #1 
Dead Sunlight

Red face Autumn went splat yesterday.

Yes, she jumped out of the net yesterday.
My sister and I were like freaking out when we saw a fish just flailing on the ground.

I can't touch fish, I just can't So i got the net and put her back in the water... I'm glad that she's fine:)

What are your jumping fish stories?
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:46 PM   #2 
weluvbettas

well i was cleaning out one of my tanks the other day and i put my weather loach in a bowl with a towel over it so he could not jump. I went out the room to fill up the bucket with water for the tank and i came back to find him all dryed up on my desk ! i dropped the bucket of water all over the floor (oops!) i quikly put him back in the bowl. its not the first time he has done it!
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #3 
Dead Sunlight

Hee, wow!
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #4 
weluvbettas

it was scary! lol
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:06 PM   #5 
Greynova27

One time I was just putting my fish back into the bowl when he jumped out of the net onto the counter. my mom and i screamed and I attempted to pick him up and then he hopped down off the counter onto the floor near the heat vent. IT SCARED US TO DEATH! But he was fine.
Greynova27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #6 
Betta Slave

I have... three. XD

I had just come home from a friend's place and it was hot so we went in the sprinkler. I took a shower and went to my room and saw that Spiridion's tank was empty! o.o I looked on the floor and he was almost all dried up with virtually no fins left. I was sooo scared o.o
But he's better now. XD

Marmaduke is my spunky boy. He will try to bite you through the glass (you can hear his little teeth scraping against his tank lol) and he will jump (quite high) for food and he even bit my finger and latched on for about a second. So i was getting him to jump for food when he jumped right out of his tank into Muds' (Murdoc's) tank. o.o Luckily they didn't fight, I got Marmaduke into his own bowl right away.

Now for Muds' story. He's a lady's fish () and was flaring at Tallulah-Faye. He jumped right into her tank. Again, they didn't fight, though Murdoc almost took a nip out of her fin.

Scary! o.o
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #7 
Nutt007

Smile

One time I was feeding Alpha bloodworms, After feeding time was over, I forgot to close the tank ! I quickly got the net and put him back in his tank.

When I was upgrading Alpha's tank, I kept him in one of those pet store cups. Then he jumped into the sink! Luckily he is alive and kicking as we speak.
Nutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:18 PM   #8 
Drift

When I was younger and didn't know better I had 3 tiger barbs in a little tank. I had them in a cup while cleaning the tank out. I usually put a coaster on top so they don't jump out, I forgot and found one under my 5' dresser in a ball of dog fur. I almost died when I couldn't find him. He was my biggest and baddest tiger so of course he survived and murdered my other tiger's.
I'm really good about keeping my fish's lids covered at all times. Durban loves to jump out of his water for food so I always put my finger towards the middle of the tank.
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #9 
frogipoi

I have seen Aurora jump for a pellet, he didn't hop out though. I heard about females jumping but boys do too
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote