Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #21 
Campbell

This is just a temporary. It's not like they are in those bags for extended periods of time. It allows the fish to be shipped with "large" amounts of air and enough water to stay wet but not be bumped around to much. And as for your title IMO the cups are not a bad thing unless they become dirty. It's a temporary housing until they are purchased. It's all about the upkeep. A ten gallon can be worse than a cup depending on how clean it is.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #22 
Jayy

I agree with you totally. I understand now before I didn't know why they used small bags.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #23 
frogipoi

I thought cups were bad but I think we are making a big deal out of it. The petstore should take better care of the bettas though like my pet smart. All the fish are HAPPY. No sad or sick bettas. Well maybe cause they are in blue water. The cup is bigger than others and even the employees talk to them and feed them. It is cute. Well I thought we were talking about cups so..
I thought cups were bad but they saved me life. Plants go in there on rare occasions and the fish on cleaning day. I hate bags though. EVIL BAGS! Let's go against bags. XD
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #24 
FloridaBettas239

You can go to the pet stores around here on thursday's, And this is what you see....

Its normal to see this, over the yaer's people have study and learned from shipping not just bettas but all fish. And when shipping bettas this is the best way to do so, the DOA rate is very low, its less stress on the fish. Could you imagine if these fish were in big bags and lot's of water, Not only would the box be so heavy the shipping would break you. But then when the box got pushed around and set down, all that water sloshing every where knocking the fish around. Or you give him a little water to keep him wet and let him relax in that one spot in the bag, instaed of 40ft sea's ... Because we no the post office, ups and fedex all throw there stuff around, there not as easy as we would be or they should be. But anyway I think this is the best way to ship betta splendens.... I no it seem's mean but there air breathers and this is the best way...
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #25 
Little Marlin

thats terrible!! i would hate to see that, but i would love to get the first pick of the bettas!!
Little Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #26 
betta fish crazy

That is how they ship them. *sigh* Isn't it impractical to have huge bags for the fish though? So much more to ship-Not that I'm advocating this or anything.
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote