Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #21 
doggyhog

My brother caught me talking to them before and just walked away and said, "I don't wanna know. wow...."

Bahaha.

Ivy used to sit in my hand when I was cleaning her tank or if I put my hand in her tank. She'd just swim through my fingers or sit in my hand. I sure miss that little doll...
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:35 AM   #22 
bloo97

You guys are so funny. x3

Quote:
Ivy used to sit in my hand when I was cleaning her tank or if I put my hand in her tank. She'd just swim through my fingers or sit in my hand. I sure miss that little doll...
So Sorry! ):
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #23 
JosShavaughn

I definetly talk to Zombie. Like this morning I got up way earlier than usual at 7:20 and I was sitting at the computer, and I looked over and he was up and swimming around so I went "are you up already?".

Then just now I fed him and he was chomping away on his pellet and I went "is it good?", he just kept chomping away.

He won't chase my finger, but if I stick my finger in there, he'll swim up too it, but not touch it. I've "petted" him like 3 times. I'm trying to get used to the feel of him, so in case he gets stuck in between or to something I won't be grossed out by having to get him free. He loves his filter, and I'm afraid he'll get stuck to the sucking part.
JosShavaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:22 PM   #24 
bloo97

That's cute!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #25 
Maryrox247

I say things to my babies like (yeah i call them my babies! LOL) " Hey gorgeous! Hello!" and i even have little nicknames for some of them : I call Suki my suki baby, i call ember and queenie my fat girls (hey there HUGE! But at least there full of eggs! :D) I call fishy my big boy (king betta! so yeah he IS a big boy!) And well i have 8 bettas in all and about 5 have nicknames and im tired of listing them lol! And yes i put my hand in the tank and cup them in it and let them squirm a bit, then rest a bit. They are so cute!!!! Whats really funny is whenever i tell my parents how cute they are they tell me " Um, i don't think you can classify a fish as being cute." and boy are they wrong!
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #26 
SilverCaracal

Haha same here!! Whenever I go to sleep I'm always like "Good night Ares!!" and then when I
wake up I'm like " Wow...you're up early".
When I'm doing a water change and Ares voluntarily swims into the cup I say 'Good boy!!' LOL! And I call Ares baby, too Maryrox247-your not the only one!! And when some one passes my room and I'm talking to Ares I get a weird look LOL!!
SilverCaracal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #27 
KBoone

I talk to all of mine. There's a lot of watching and cooing. I have fun getting my VT to flare. His beard is GIGANTIC! My little, red CT loves to follow my finger.
KBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #28 
dramaqueen
Banned

I talk to mine. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #29 
bloo97

Okay, we all agree talking to fish is something we all like to do, lol.
Quote:
And when some one passes my room and I'm talking to Ares I get a weird look LOL!!
I get that ALL OF THE TIME! xDD
Old 08-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #30 
doggyhog

Oh By the way I taught one of my fish to jump through a hoop before. aaahhh what boredom can do!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote