Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #11 
kikuhoshi

I'd say the 1 gallon, unless you have a suite (with bathroom), only because it's a LOT easier to carry to the bathrooms. Honestly, I didn't change my water every day, because when I did, he'd get panicky and frustrated. I changed it every other or third day, and he was okay. Now, at home (without the chlorine and such, because we have well water), he gets tchy if I change it on any day other than Sunday. Weirdo.

(I have a 1.5 for him, by the way. Anything bigger and he gets nervous. :) )
kikuhoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #12 
newlynothere

aww that's cute! Haha ohkay. The thing is the dorms that I stayed in during orientation all had sinks in all the rooms... I just got room assignments and I'm in a different one than the one I stayed in then and I'm unsure about if there are sinks in these rooms or not.. If there are do you think the five gallon would be better? He likes it a lot... but I'm still thinking it might just be difficult to give him a good amount of space.. all though the rooms at my school are pretty spacious...
newlynothere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #13 
kikuhoshi

If you have a sink, I'd definitely go with the 5 gal. Just make sure you have a large cup (maybe a fountain pop cup, like from Speedway or 7-11, if you have them where you are) to fill them up. It's a pain to try to fill up a tank in a leetle sink. ;)
Old 08-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #14 
newlynothere

I keep all of my fishy stuffs in a pitcher that I was planning to bring to use and such. Okay. I was just concerned that it might take up more room than I want it to but now that I think about it... it's really not that bad.. I'll just have to smuggle in a power cord so I can plug in his light and filter and heater and my TV and wii and such... haha
Old 08-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #15 
kikuhoshi

...You can't bring in a power cord? We were required to bring them - they were the only things that could be plugged right in to the outlets. It's weird for me to think of other schools besides the two I went to - both of which were similar but different.

Aaaand we're getting off topic. Owell. :D
Old 08-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #16 
newlynothere

haha Well I think I have a plan now so it doesn't matter so much. We aren't supposed to bring in the kind that I'll need... like... for all of my excess plug in items I'm going to need a massive octopus style monster of a mess of plugs... which is not allowed.. .a simple like four plug power cord would be allowed.. .but not If I'm piling other ones on top... my roommate and I each get ONE outllet thingy with two places to plug in... so I have to expand that.. by a lot... haha
Old 08-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #17 
kikuhoshi

Ah. We had the 4-square honkers for each of us, and I usually had 2 strips plugged into mine, with my fan plugged in separately (because we didn't have A/C). :D It was nice.

But back on fishies. How'd you pick the name "Zombie"?
Old 08-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #18 
newlynothere

oh.. I guess i could do that... Two seperate power strips. You're brilliant aren't you? haha!

Zombie.. I picked his name because when I first brought him home from the pet store he used to swim in kinda jerky movements... which he doesn't do anymore, but it just reminded me of a cliche horror movie zombie. Also I've always thought that the VT tail looked kinda like cobwebs.. which is horror movie esque in a way as well.. Also my friend had just named her's LeonardoDeCaprio and I was mad at her for that for some reason so I kinda went with the complete opposite. haha
Old 08-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #19 
kikuhoshi

I'm sometimes a genius; other times, I'm completely and utterly cuckoo. :D

My friends and I had a theory that Jaws got Leo at the end of Titanic. I don't know why I felt that was necessary to this conversation, but I do.

And Zombie is a great name. :D I'm impressed.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #20 
newlynothere

Hahaha I haven't actually seen titanic.. maybe that's why I was mad at her for naming him that but I don't remember...

and thank you!