betta fish

Old 08-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

She's very pretty!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #12 
Amour

Thanks a lot! I didn't know when I posted the pic of her that so many people would like her.
Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:58 AM   #13 
FBA
Banned

lol, idk what to say here. the Betta that looks like Delta in your sig resembles the exact body and fin of my supposedly Delta yet it almost expands over 170 degrees when flares and has that excessive branching, giving him Rose tail looks, he definitely isn't a delta, im pretty sure. either a super delta or he is a Rosetail, with Almost! 180 achieving flare while still retaining the wavy round ends of a Rosetail.

and as for your spade female, im pretty sure she IS A Spade Female. Spade are not common anymore but was available in abundance back in 90's or so i read on a website "www.bettysplendens.com", so basically they are the result of their currently ancient Spade ancestors leftover recessive genes that popped in from spawning certain betta strains that carries them. i recall reading an article somewhere about a spade female betta that came from a both Halfmoon couple betta spawning?

aside that fact, im convinced ANYTHING is possible when it comes to selective breeding a betta and achieving the ideal Betta spawns that can make you say "OMG! NOWAY AM I DREAMING OR...OMG!" kind of results. i am looking for a pure bred Plakat female with silver or Opaque/white color for my Rosetail Male. why Plakat? they are slightly bigger in size and they also have much thicker fins compared to other long fin cousins, im pretty sure the spawns won't achieve the longer fins that of my male but some might inherit the shape that my Male has and that's my goal for now. i don't see anyone selling Rosetail pairs who sometime pops up from halfmoon spawns according to the Rosetails history. Besides my Male is very Feisty and aggressive with other males but very gentle with the female bettas that i introduced to him, lol. it's a worthy trait to be passed on.

im totally off topic with my reply aren't i but that forgive me for my long story about my Rosetail which i bought classified as a Delta. i just bought a Spade tail female today and she resembles your female EXACTLY along with my male rosetail with same color except yours have blue coloration around caudal/anal fins, mine has only on it's edge of the dorsal, first name for him that popped in my head was "Skyline" lol, ill post a pic of him later but i did manage to take my spade tail females pic which i took half an hour to get a good snapshot with my crappy cam.

take care of your spade female and if possible breed her, you never know what pops in and that might surprize the **** out of you or everyone lol.
FBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:01 AM   #14 
Alex09

That's a pretty girl!
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:42 AM   #15 
Maryrox247

She is a spadey,spade,spade tail! (and a GORGEOUS one!)
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #16 
FBA
Banned

here's my Mr. almost look like rose tail Gazi Jr. and my favorite feisty Spade Queen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhiblxieZYM

enjoy
FBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #17 
betta99

im not sure about her type but she looks gorgeous.
betta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #18 
marhlfld

She's beautiful! I would say a Spadetail too, perhaps leaning to the Veiltail side because of the dorsal and anal is so long. Wow, she's got some fins! I had to look again to make sure she was a she!

Last edited by marhlfld; 08-25-2010 at 12:05 PM.
marhlfld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #19 
Amour

The 'delta' tail in my signature/avatar is actually a marble halfmoon. And I'm 100% certain that he is indeed a halfmoon. He just wasn't flaring in that picture. That's how he usually swims.

And unfortunately, despite being a very healthy and beautiful little fishie girl, Maggie (the spadetail in the picture) passed away last night because she got stuck in her baffle. By the time we noticed she was in there and took her out, she was super pale and couldn't reach the surface of the very shallow and small container we had put her in for air. My husband spent an hour gently lifting her to the surface to breathe, which only extended her life a short time.

I don't know how I'm going to replace her because she not only was beautiful, but she had a great personality. I'm going to miss her cute little face so much and those little black eyes.

Thanks for all the compliments y'all.
Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #20 
Lion Mom

I am SO sorry to read about Maggie's untimely demise!!!

Was your baffle one of the half bottle ones? I have always been concerned with something like that happening with those - which is why I will only use a sponge/foam baffle.

Again, VERY sorry!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote