Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #1 
JosShavaughn

Water Conditioner..

So I've been using NutraFin Betta Plus for my water conditioner. It's just what they recommended at PetSense. So when I bought Zombie's 1.5g tank it's a Tetra and it came w/ an advertisement for their water conditioner, which I believe is for all fish tanks.

My question is, should I stick w/ the Betta specific conditioner, or use the Tetra? They're almost the same price for about the same size. I think the Tetra is maybe $1 more.

In a couple more water changes I'll need a new bottle of conditioner, so I was just wondering which to use.

Now I'm only going to choose between those two brands, because that's what I can get locally. I don't have a debit/credit card so I can't order online.
JosShavaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #2 
Jayy

I say go for the tetra it's a great aquarium brand and It's most likely aquasafe. I use aquasafe and it for all tropical fish. Alot of people use prime and they say it works great. I've never used before so I can't really say, but alot of people use it.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #3 
kuklachica

Tetra is fine, but I highly recommend Seachem Prime. That is what I use and it lasts FOREVER and is very high quality (one of the best out there). It will probably be $1-$2 more expensive, BUT you only use 1-2 drop per gallon so it lasts forever. I have 4 tanks and I have been using the same bottle for at least 5 months.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #4 
JosShavaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuklachica View Post
Tetra is fine, but I highly recommend Seachem Prime. That is what I use and it lasts FOREVER and is very high quality (one of the best out there). It will probably be $1-$2 more expensive, BUT you only use 1-2 drop per gallon so it lasts forever. I have 4 tanks and I have been using the same bottle for at least 5 months.
Kuklachica I was asking about the tetra and nutrafin because those are the two that I can get locally. Well actually, I need to go to this fish store and see what they have. So before I say, oh I can't get that here, I should probably check there first. so jk, don't listen to me.
JosShavaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #5 
Welsh

I use Tetra, I have the huge bottle and still manage to go through it like water lol.
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #6 
wallywestisthebest333

Seachem prime is that awesome? I gotta check if they have that at Petsmart next time I drop in. I gotta get more anyway. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #7 
Ajones108

I use Amquel+ in tangent with Novaqua+ because they were sold as a pack at PetSmart for about $10 but I heard wonders about the quality. But really they are more for 10g tanks and higher, especially since you can't adequately measure them for smaller tanks. So I ordered some Seachem prime and it'll be in the mail with my new filter and stuff soon. :)
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #8 
Adastra

I also use and recommend Seachem Prime. Because it is concentrated, it is the best product you can get for the money. It will go further than most other dechlorinators for close to the same price.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #9 
FloridaBettas239

I 2nd prime, If you can't find it, the API stress coat plus is pretty good. But that conditioner for bettas is a sale's deal, let's make a conditioner and say it's for bettas, let's put some freeze dried bllod worm's in a small container and say it's the betta natural food in the wild. I laugh when I see the betta stuff the try to sale. Little bowl's and special water with oxygen in it for bettas in bowl's,
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #10 
vaygirl

Petsmart near me has Prime, so you can probably find it there. It's in a red and white bottle.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote