Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2010, 08:11 AM   #1 
newlynothere

Question Zombie-now that he's perked up- has taken up glass surfing?

Hey guys! Zombie is obviously feeling a lot better as he's swimming around and now in his new five gallon tank with lots of decorations and two little hidey caves. He has a filter with a baffle and a heater pad which is all i need to keep his water at eighty until it gets colder out (Then of couse I'll get a real heater). I feed him twice a day two pellets and one freezedried blood worm at night to vary his diet. He seems to have taken up a severe case of glass surfing.. jsut going back and forth along the glass for hours without actually like.. ramming into it or anything. I've tried putting in little "toys" for him to play with. I put in two dice which he pushed around a couple times before resuming his glass surfing. I put in little purple bingo chips which he also pushed around and a few bright red beads which he completely ignored... I've been told glass surfing is due to boredom so I tried to give him things to play with.. but he's still doing it.. other than that he eats and looks healthy with all his color... His water is at 80 and he's alone in his tank of filtered decholrinated day-aged water... Is there anything else I can do to get him to stop?
newlynothere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:38 AM   #2 
LoveSGSE

No problem dude! He's just exploring / adapting to his new environment. As long as he eats, has his colors, no signs of diseases, he is perfectly fine.
LoveSGSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:40 AM   #3 
newlynothere

Okay thank you! I was worried about him... If he continues to do it for let's say... three more days should I start to be worried? I feel that I've provided him ample to play with and stuff.. i'm just concerned that he only seems to care about swimming along the glass and food..
Old 08-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #4 
RandomFish

It sounds like you've done all you could within your limited resources to make him happy... as long as he's not hurting himself I don't think you need to worry. He's probably just enjoying all the room he has now. :)
RandomFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #5 
iPeanutbutter

Hey I got my fish yesterday and all he is doing the same thing, swimming around the sides of the glass.
iPeanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #6 
newlynothere

Okay.. Thank you for the reassurance. I guess you're right. It's not like he's tail biting or anything and he has plenty of stuff in there that he can push around and play with if he wants.. Thank you, guys!