Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #1 
BettaBoy84

Talking The Weekly Betta

Hey All,

Hope this can be a daily post...we'll see...

I know a lot of people may know these tips about bettas. But as a new member to the betta community, I have witnessed some interesting things about how bettas heal and repair fin.

Having a few (4) bettas in hospital tanks for the last week or so, I have noticed how cuts in the fins, even long full torn fins, will repair within days (1-2) if treated right. I have been recommended by "OldFishLady" to use oak leaves, which personaly IMO beleive to be my new perminent meothod for healing! Oak Leaves (I use Bur Oak )Also used with Aquarium salt, 100% daily water changes, and making sure to use water conditioner with all new water changes. The Picture below show 2 of my 4 healing tanks. Both have great tannins in the water from the Oak Leafs.

I have seen Amazing recovery in my females fins, color and attitude. The Difference between the Torn Fins and the nipped "gouges" out of the fins is that nipped fins cannot just reattach and heal, its needs to physically reconstruct itself, so longer time is needed. With the progress I have seen maybe 1-2 weeks.

What I love most is that while my fish continue to heal physically in their tanks, they also heal in other areas, mentally, emotionally...

Betta fish tip of the day: Oak Leaves: natures gift! A great natural healer, create amazing water color for bettas, and incredible hiding places and tunnels once the leaves fall after a day or so..

...thanks again to OldFishLady

BETTA BOY
Attached Images

BettaBoy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #2 
wallywestisthebest333

Huh. What am I doing wrong? I've been putting oak leaves in my tank (when I can find them) and they don't turn my water brown. =[
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #3 
Amour

I'm going to be trying Indian Almond Leaves soon. I wonder if it'd be easier to find Oak Leaves.
Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #4 
BettaBoy84

Talking WHITE OAK not BUR

Correction In my post. I Have been Using White Oak LEaves from my property in southern ontario.

To achieve my dark tannin color I have been using dried leaves maybe 3-5 god sized and let them soak for 1-2 days in the tank.

Depending on what type oak leaf you use it may take longer to release the tannins. I may collect some red oak next week and see how they differ.

If you have a pic of the leafs you use I could tell you what type of oak it is.

BETTA BOY
BettaBoy84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta boy, daily post, healing