Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #1 
Drift

My split 10gallon, and an awesome tank!

Not sure if there is any fellow Pennsylvanian's on here, but I went to That Fish Place, That Pet Place earlier this week and came across this beauty!
It has a beautiful price tag up in the left corner you can see too!
Did not catch how many gallons, but it is a good size. :D Bubba said he wants it for christmas. If I win the lottery I so would!
The background is a waterfall, kind of hard to see.

Anyways I moved my fish into Bubba's old 10 gallon and split it in half. So Urckle and Durban are in there. I started out with Urckle on the left side. I have two barriers. The mesh is more of a sight barrier, and the plexiglass with holes will actually stand completely on its own and is very sturdy.
Urckle and his bubble nest he blew after seeing Durban.

Durban in his bad hanging out.

Durban really likes his new home and exploring all the new nook and crannies.

Face off with no flaring? Silly boys.

I am concerned because Urckle seems kind of depressed. I was wondering if he might be stressed out from all the space. If he doesn't perk up in a few days I'll move him back to the 2.5 gallon tank.
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #2 
wallywestisthebest333

Aw that's ADORABLE! <3 Your guys are so chill! I love your split 10 gallon! =] It's designed to nicely! =] I love hornwort! <3
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:17 PM   #3 
Betta Slave

That's a really nice place your bettas got there! They must love it!
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:53 PM   #4 
Drift

Durban certainly does love it. He's always exploring and having a grand time. Urckle not so much. =/

I'm not so fond of the hornwort honestly. It looks awesome and grows crazy, but the needles are lined all over the bottom of tank. I even dipped them and swirled them to get all the loose ones out in a bucket of tank water before putting them in.

I honestly forgot what those tall stemmed plants are.
Durban has Java moss on a coconut, Anubias tied to the driftwood, hornwort, and those nice stemmed plants. Hahaha, they're sprouting roots wonderfully though!
Urckle has the same but rather than anubias he has Java fern tied to his driftwood.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:07 AM   #5 
Welsh

I think Urckle may just be jealous of Durban's floating log, I could do with one of them for my depressed betta lol

Your tank looks awesome, I love how you have designed it and I think the stemmed plants your talking about are Nomaphila Stricta, I used to have some which filled out really nice but my fish killed it lol
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:37 AM   #6 
doggyhog

*waves* I LOVE thatpetplace!!! It's so awesome. They always have the best fish and amazing displays. I don't know a better pet store...

Your tank looks great!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #7 
Jayy

Awesome tank!!!! I like the one above too. I plan to plant my tanks soon. I know java moss, java fern, crypts, anubias plants, sword plants, are easy, but do you know any more??
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #8 
Drift

Javy, I'm just going to copy and paste what OldFishLady told me. Haha." Plants-sword, crypts, sagittaria, vallisneria, mexican oak leaf, hygrophilia, rotala, ludwigia, wisteria, water lettuce are all good low-mod light plants."
Also if you go to an good honest fish store just tell them you need low light plants and they'll help you pick them out. The store I was talking about did it for me. There where some plants they said might live, but they wouldn't recommend them.
Welsh, I'm pretty sure thats what it is. Some type of Hygrophilia anyways. But it certainly is sprouting roots like no tomorrow.

DH, I know, I only like 20 minutes or so away so I go all the time. My friend and I usually go every other week. :) I need to go back for some more plants.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #9 
Jayy

Ok, Thanks alot Drift!!!
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #10 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post

DH, I know, I only like 20 minutes or so away so I go all the time. My friend and I usually go every other week. :) I need to go back for some more plants.
Lucky!!!!

I'm a whole 45 minutes away. :(
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote