Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2010, 05:30 AM   #1 
Oakly

Question Flakes?

Okay, most people here feed betta pellets but my pet store doesn't have any. I'm from Englan and I go to Pets At Home. What do you English people do? Have you found betta pellets anywhere? Or, can I use just tropical flake food and fed blood worms and brine shrimp as well. I found these at Pets At Home- Frozen. So, yeah. Thanks!
Oakly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:01 AM   #2 
Kokonoko

As far as I know, theres no real problem in feeding you betta the flakes. ALTHOUGH, bettas do -preffer- a variety of food, so yea, it would be best to eventually supplement the food with something else such as brine shrimp or blood worms.

If you do purchase the freeze dried brine and/or bloodworms, make sure to soak them in a small cup of the tank water before feeding them to the fish, its suppose to help them digest it? This is all the advice I can offer you until someone more experience responds ^_^ I hope it helps!
Kokonoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #3 
Welsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakly View Post
Okay, most people here feed betta pellets but my pet store doesn't have any. I'm from Englan and I go to Pets At Home. What do you English people do? Have you found betta pellets anywhere? Or, can I use just tropical flake food and fed blood worms and brine shrimp as well. I found these at Pets At Home- Frozen. So, yeah. Thanks!
Yay another Brit

I have had no luck finding pellets over here, not even in the privately owned pet shops.

I feed my bettas Tetra Betta flakes and I have had no problems, they will also eat tropical flakes too.

There were frozen blood worm at pets at home?

Last edited by Welsh; 08-06-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:59 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think flakes, brine shrimp and bloodworms will be fine.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #5 
Oakly

Welsh, Yeah...frozen in little ice-cube like trays. And I've just found more: http://www.petsathome.com/shop/tetra...TCHING_PRODUCT It's in a "Jelly" I don't know if that's okay or not. Where did you get your pellets from?

Thanks everyone else. I'll just do flakes and supplement with treats!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #6 
weluvbettas

i went to a local pet shop (not pets at home because they are EVILLLLLL!!!!!!) and just asked for floating pellets and they were a pound for a big bag.
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #7 
Oakly

Wow, why don't you like Pets at Home? I don't buy their animals, I'm not going into detail why, basically the conditions they are kept in. But I would be DEAD without it, my guinea pigs get their food from their, same for my rats, I also get rat bedding from there and my sister get all her hamster stuff. I guess because I live in a very rural area it's hard to go to other places, the closest small individual pet store is about 30-45 mins away. So...yeah.

Last edited by Oakly; 08-06-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #8 
weluvbettas

Pets at home keep there fish in awfull conditions! just today me and my friend were there and there was a cory eating a fish! it was still alive!!! and there was a betta with ripped fins it was in a tank full of tetras (they nip fins!) the list goes on and on! they dont care about there pets! there motto is were pets come first ! it should be were pets die first! sorry if it seems like im angry but i just had to tell you what i thought of them.
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #9 
Oakly

Woahh that is awful! I never really look at the fish or the small rodents at the back because I'm busy getting stuff or if I do look it's never proper looking just glancing. I did however once see a dead fish in a tank and asked someone to take it out they said: "It's sleeping" I was like...no...I think it's dead...other fish are trying to eat it! I find it hard to find somewhere else to shop though...