Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #1 
monroe0704

Instant BBS

Has anyone tried the Ocean Nutrition Instant Baby Brine Shrimp?

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...m?pcatid=16873

I was able to get my platy fry eating non-live food, so maybe I could with the bettas as well?
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Looks interesting-I have never tried it-I have never had luck with my Betta fry eating non live foods for the first 3 weeks or so-its easier for me to just do live...never had any problems with my livebearers and non-live foods...they seem to eat anything....lol...live or not....if you try it be sure and let us know how it works....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:58 PM   #3 
monroe0704

I just ordered some to try because I was curious! I have back up food, but this seems so much less of a hassle.
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

Several years ago they (Foster and Smith) had some other type of food packaged like that..can't remember what it was(been awhile), but it was really cheap $2.99- I think...so I got some to try with another species of fish I was working with and it worked well-they loved it, however, it seemed to spoil fairly fast even in the refrigerator...in less than a week it smelled so bad and had mold growing on it...I ordered 2 jars and wasted more than I used.....but I like to experiment and try new things...otherwise we won't learn anything....lol.....keep us posted on how it works out and how long it last for you....would be nice to have other options......like you said...less hassle...I like that....laffs....and you can vary the diet more and that is always good for good fry growth and if the fry don't eat it-maybe the adult will to help with conditioning.....never know until you try.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote