Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #1 
Ajones108

Need Quick Help

My mom is going to be here soon with me to pack my dorm things into the car and then we're going to eat dinner here on campus. This includes putting the fish tank in the car. Fish is going in his store cup for the ride. However, since we're eating dinner here on campus, I'm concerned about leaving fish in the car. I was thinking about putting him in his cup and taking him into the dining hall with me but mom might not let me. D: I'm trying to convince her to let us eat and THEN we'll come back and pack things up and leave.

What do you think I should do? This is Florida, I can't leave fish in the car. D:
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #2 
Welsh

You could put your fish in a cooler and use a towel or blanket for extra security so that he doesn't slosh around as much
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:57 PM   #3 
ANHEL123

travel fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajones108 View Post
My mom is going to be here soon with me to pack my dorm things into the car and then we're going to eat dinner here on campus. This includes putting the fish tank in the car. Fish is going in his store cup for the ride. However, since we're eating dinner here on campus, I'm concerned about leaving fish in the car. I was thinking about putting him in his cup and taking him into the dining hall with me but mom might not let me. D: I'm trying to convince her to let us eat and THEN we'll come back and pack things up and leave.

What do you think I should do? This is Florida, I can't leave fish in the car. D:
don't leave it in the car,it too hot.when u come back it can be fish soup.I don't think u mom want to see u upset. i think it good that u concern about it I don't know how old are u but my son is 15 y old . i actually would u be glad if i be u mom for how responsible and good hearted u are
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #4 
Lion Mom

Personally, I would take the fish in to eat with me. :)

Last time my husband & I went to purchase a baby bird (approx. 3 months old) we stopped for lunch & brought her (Rio, the Green Cheek Conure) in with us in her box - no problems. Heck, the owner even asked what we had in the box & we told him a bird & he just said, "Ok.".
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #5 
Drift

I would bring him in with me. I brought Bubba in when I went to get food at a mexican restaurant the other day when I was out doing errands. Haha, I even put him up on the counter while I payed and no one even looked at him longer than a second. :)
I wouldn't leave him in the car.
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #6 
Ajones108

Thanks everyone. :) I was able to convince mom that we should eat, pack, and then leave. So little fish was safe in his tank, up until we left. When we went to return the furniture cart I took him in his little cup with me and mom was like "Why are you bringing the fish with us, just leave him in the car!" And I said no and carried him anyway. lol.

On the ride here (45 min or so) mom had the AC on in the car so I had my legs sitting in a pretzel style, a towel layered like 3 times, and he was sitting warm and cozy in the hole made by my legs, in the towel, nice and warm for the ride. :D I'm currently acclimating him to new water right now. Put some AQ salt in his tank to help with his stress, poor thing. I'll keep you all updated.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #7 
Lion Mom

Glad to hear he made the trip safely!

BOY, what we do for our animals, huh? LOL!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would have taken him in, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote