Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #1 
Beethoven

NOT so funny story

I recently went on Vacation with my boyfriend and his family. We went to Sarasota Florida and we were gone for a total of 8 days. Before I left, I changed my betta's watter and fed him and told my mom and my sister to only feed him when I told them to feed him. He had a bit of constipation a few months back and I get worried so I don't feel him three pellets everyday like I used to. I only feed him two and he fasts one or two days every week.
My last day in Sarasota, two days before I come home, I texted my mom and asked her if she remembered to feed him last night. She said yes and he was swimming happily and looking good last night but that now he wasn't moving. When I asked her what she meant, she said he was bent and floating!!!
I immediately called her and asked her how much she fed him. She then said two or three SPOONFULS everyday!!! I was like; WHAT?! How big is a spoonful? Did he EAT that much?!? MOM!! He's LITTLE!!! You can't feed him that much!! I can't believe you killed my fish!! So I'm sitting in St. Armand's Circle on Lido Key practically crying when my mom's boyfriend, a long time fish owner, comes on the phone and assures me that he would never let mom make a mistake like that and that Beethoven was fine and still very much alive. THANK GOODNESS!!!

I did not get a kick out of this awful joke. lol

I didn't want to count on my mom to change his water while I was gone either so he actually went 8 days without a water change and I usually do it every 4 or 5 since he's in a one and a half gallon vase. Anyway, when I got back, I noticed some crushed food on his plant so I'm thinking mom may have actually fed him a little too much. His water was gross from the leftovers he didn't eat. =( He's looking good though and trust me, he has clean water and I found his bloodworms!! (I recently moved home from school and didn't know where I had packed them) So he's very happy to have some variety in his diet again.

I <3 my Betta!
Beethoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #2 
Mermaid Fish

Whew if that happend to me I would be like aahhhhhhhhh never touch my fish or that involves him ever again!
Mermaid Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #3 
Zoelie

Ahahaha, sounds like something my dad would try to make me believe :D
Zoelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:21 PM   #4 
Mermaid Fish

Lol me too. I told you chirstmas is canceled.i don't have a birthday so I don't get older. When the bridge fell down you could her the people popping underneith. He also likes jokes. (put money in shoes) what do I have? CASHews (pot hand on granite counter top) what do I have? PALMagranite lol
Mermaid Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #5 
FloridaBettas239

LOL I live in sarasota .... By king's highway off I75..

I think i seen you when you where here....

LOL
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:13 PM   #6 
Beethoven

oh goodness! you're so lucky! I live in Ohio..which don't get me wrong, it's a great place, but Sarasota was GORGEOUS! It's so funny everywhere i go on Vacation, there's always a slew of people from Ohio. We went to NC last year and it was Ohio at Nags Head. For real... Then we went on a cruise last summer too and met three or four families from Ohio and then in Sarasota I was sitting at Starbucks and literally all five people sitting at the tables around us were from Ohio. Craziness.
Beethoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #7 
AquaWarrior

whew i would kill someone if that happenned lol
AquaWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #8 
betta fish crazy

I left my fish with my dad and I would call to see how he was but the phone connection wasn't good so I would hear long pauses and wonder if he was gathering up the nerve to tell me my fish was dead! But he was fine, even made a bubblenest!
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #9 
Jayy

My mom is a ok fish keeper. When I went out of state with my dad she feed my fish, but didn't do water changes even thou I wrote everything down. She also dropped my TetraMin flakes in my 35gal so I had to buy more.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #10 
bloo97

If anyone did that to me I would have a long, long, long...LONG talk with them. lol
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote