betta fish

Old 08-08-2010, 01:20 AM   #1 
AaryonN

My Crysis! With a little bit of fin rot

Comments/advice is welcome!
AaryonN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:58 AM   #2 
brandynva

He is beautiful but his fins are obviously clamped. How long have you had him? What is his water temperature? Do you have a heater for him? I had a guy that looked a lot like that until I added a heater and kept his temp at 78. Good luck with him!
brandynva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:39 AM   #3 
Neelie

tbh it dont look like finrot to me.. rather like an injury... his other fins look healthy. is that your filter in the background there?

if i were you i would put him into a 2g, add some AQ salt and remove the filter and any sharp deco or plants etc etc. go bare bottom so you can see if fans fall off. keep him there for a week or 2 and see if the fins grow back. if that happens then your tank seems to be the problem. doubt he bites his anal fin so that cant be it.
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #4 
AaryonN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelie View Post
tbh it dont look like finrot to me.. rather like an injury... his other fins look healthy. is that your filter in the background there?
if i were you i would put him into a 2g, add some AQ salt and remove the filter and any sharp deco or plants etc etc. go bare bottom so you can see if fans fall off. keep him there for a week or 2 and see if the fins grow back. if that happens then your tank seems to be the problem. doubt he bites his anal fin so that cant be it.
I got my Crysis about a week ago, i didn't notice his fins until 3 days ago, He's in a 2.5 gallon tank with a heater, a filter, and a thermometer, which is constantly reading from 78-80 degree's. As soon as I saw his fins, I did a 50% water change, and i've been doing that everyday.

I'm gonna go and get some AQ salt tomorrow on my way home from work
Old 08-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #5 
Amour

That's a huge chunk that's missing. I hope he heals quick!

Like someone already suggested, it looks like an injury, not fin rot. Perhaps he could have scraped his fins on that shell in the tank? The edge of the one sticking up looks really dangerous.
Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #6 
AaryonN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amour View Post
That's a huge chunk that's missing. I hope he heals quick!

Like someone already suggested, it looks like an injury, not fin rot. Perhaps he could have scraped his fins on that shell in the tank? The edge of the one sticking up looks really dangerous.
Okay, I'm going to take the shells out right now then! What can i do to heal him? his top fin is fine, it was just down at the time, also his anal fin has small holes in them, There are 2, and theyr the size of a needle piercing paper or something
Old 08-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #7 
AaryonN

More pictures

Still unsure if it is finrot or an injury, I think i purchased him like this, i didn't notice the fins when i bo
Old 08-09-2010, 04:04 AM   #8 
Neelie

it looks like injury. like amour suggested, take out the shells and any sharp object and add some aq salt. kepp doing your water changes and wait. if it doesnt get better you can opt for meds. atm i wouldnt though. he looks healthy and happy otherwise.
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote