Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #11 
Sarada

I have the log, works great as a feeding ring and my girls love it. Lucy thinks she owns it and won't let anyone else in...maybe cuz she eats there.
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #12 
Sarada

Lucy is very protective over HER log

Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #13 
Drift

Yeah, my hammock rusted too nevermind it never stayed in the suction cup longer than a day, but Urkle could have been knocking it off during the night just to annoy me.
As everyone said on their, rust isn't a health hazard just you pay for something that will fall apart shortly in a few weeks. =/ I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I never purchased another one as I had large silk plants in my tank anyways. :)
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #14 
PeiMai

Ok so Im a bit naive about all of this stuff. Is it a *must* to have plants that reach to the top of the water?
PeiMai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #15 
derpmeister

Thanks for your input guys! Yeah I had heard that the hammock has some rust issues, so I'll stick to the log.

It's not really a must to have floating plants and such, but bettas do like to rest especially at night and this makes it easier for them to relax and be close to their oxygen source. Just a nice way to spoil your betta.

Personally, I want a floating place for Toki to sleep because every night he'll either lie down flat on the bottom of his tank or lie on his side and float on the surface-- he gives me a heart attack every time and he looks completely dead! If he's in his log I'll know he's sleeping and probably not dead lol.
derpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #16 
noenyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpmeister View Post
Thanks for your input guys! Yeah I had heard that the hammock has some rust issues, so I'll stick to the log.

It's not really a must to have floating plants and such, but bettas do like to rest especially at night and this makes it easier for them to relax and be close to their oxygen source. Just a nice way to spoil your betta.

Personally, I want a floating place for Toki to sleep because every night he'll either lie down flat on the bottom of his tank or lie on his side and float on the surface-- he gives me a heart attack every time and he looks completely dead! If he's in his log I'll know he's sleeping and probably not dead lol.

The hole on the top of the log is really nice for that. They can rest and still get oxygen very easily from the hole. I know what you mean about them looking dead. My grandma actually woke me up early one morning because she thought he had died.

Taco loves to rest/sleep in it. It's either the log or his plant but mostly the log lol.

noenyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #17 
TharBePirates

Thanks for sharing all the positive on the log (and the negative on the leaf). I keep on seeing these hanging next to the betta cups and was this whole time wondering if they were a good purchase.
TharBePirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #18 
derpmeister

Yeah! I'm so glad I bought it, Toki just loves it. My only problem was that it was a little rough on the inside, but I just sanded it down on the inside like someone mentioned and it's perfect now.
derpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #19 
CjRager89

wow, those logs are great! I wish i could get one, but right now I am redoing my tank and putting in all live plants and real drift wood. i think a fake log might stand out
CjRager89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #20 
prettylittlefishy

They look pretty real actually! I have one in every one of my bettas tanks. Duke likes to do circles around it to make sure no one goes in - even though he lives alone. I think the shock of living alone in that tiny cup so long left him scarred.
prettylittlefishy is offline   Reply With Quote