Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #11 
peaches3221

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
I'm NOT breeding since besides masive fins, I don't think they have good breading qualities from what I've read.
if you have the time and space, I think you should breed them anyway because they are so beautiful! i wonder if the fry would be larger than normal, or do they start out average size and grow a lot...
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:03 PM   #12 
vilmarisv

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches3221 View Post
if you have the time and space, I think you should breed them anyway because they are so beautiful! i wonder if the fry would be larger than normal, or do they start out average size and grow a lot...
Yeah, I wouldn't mind 100 more of them
Both Heth and Kytara have a white mark, it's so cute! Heth has it on his anal fin and Kytara on one side of her body, very similar mark. Makes me wonder how that would translate into their spawn.
But right now where I'm living I'm not able to have a proper breeding setup and much less multiple of tanks to keep the fry after they grow.
If I do get into breeding in the future I might use this pair or start with a better one. Who knows? Heth and Kytara might be a little too old by then LOL!
But I sure love the fact that their are giants! These are the first breeder fish I have besides my LPS ones so I really don't know if breeder fish tend to be bigger. Do they???
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #13 
animallover4lyfe

Nice! I actually purchased a "Jumbo" HM from aquabid as well. I bought the orange one :) I get him august 22nd :)
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #14 
vilmarisv

YAY! I remembered the Jumbo red and just saw him in your other post.
He's gorgeous and I would love to hear your thoughts on his size.I was stunned when I saw these fishies!
I love the size, it really sets them appart from any other bettas I've ever seen.
I wish I could actually measure them, I'm sure I''m way off.
Of course, that means that as soon as I move out I'm getting them bigger tanks. I think they both deserve a 10 gal at least!
Hmm... 20 long divided sounds good. Hehe!!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:11 PM   #15 
animallover4lyfe

Yeah for sure! I'm excited the most for him I have never seen something so huge! When I saw him on aquabid I didn't hve to think twice about buying him! Lol I really liked a blue and yellow grizzle male that was on there too but I lost the bid :( oh well at least I got him! I don't know where I'm gonna house him he's huge! Actually I'm gonna buy a fluval chi for my birthday so I'll probably put him in that!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #16 
vilmarisv

The Grizzle was Gorgeous!!! I regretted not hitting the BIN when I first saw him Oh, well. Then I saw mine and I was like WOA!! I want THAT one!!
And I couldn't resist the female when Boat sent me the picture!!
You red jumbo will look amazing in the chi!! Oh! I can't wait to see those pics!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #17 
animallover4lyfe

Hahahha yeah! Such beautiful fish and huge!! Don't worry I'll post lots of pics when I get my bettas from thailand!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #18 
Sarada

Since we live in the same province and you've already ordered everything in, send one my way please :P
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #19 
animallover4lyfe

Ahahah yeah right! ;)