Betta Fish Forum banner

Changing tails?

567 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bettalover2033 
#1 ·
OKAY GUYS GALS quick question why do bettas sometimes grow out of their natural tail type into other things. i have a double tail that looks like its growing into a different tail type...

he is a red Double tail and his two tails are growing into one and i dont know how to stop it of if there is even a way to stop it:( i dont want him to be a veiltail. he is the one in my album the red DBT his name is Goliath.

#2 ·
Wow thats crazy. Of course I have no idea of why that is actually happening due to lack of experience, but I don't think it would be a normal transformation. Its tail type is a dna trait, not something thats easily reversable (or possible by nature occurance that I know of). One thing I could think of it that perhaps a would has occurred around the seperation of the two tails, and as it was healing it began merging together? I apologize for not knowing =( Just thought I'd toss out ideas.

#5 ·
no no no i know for a fact that he was a doubletail because i have talked to the breeder (luckily) about a week after i bough him and i actually asked her about him and she said that she bred a mistake and his dad was a doubletail and his mom was a veil also when he was shipped get got some damage on his tail.

so i guess he has had this going on for a long time and his fins have been trying to heal and as i put the aquRium salt in the tank, it been healing um just fine ans hes going to be a veiltail:( i really wanted a DBT:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.