Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #11 
Campbell

I hate the ones where people take the educational stance, but give totally incorrect information. It makes it kinda difficult for good people, who want to research before they get a betta, to find correct information.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #12 
PeiMai

you know at least they are trying ...what gets me is the cruel kids torturing their fish where the h3ll are the parents at and what have they taught their kids???
PeiMai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #13 
Wildfire

I'm so mad, I freaking bought that same exact kit. I wish I'd known better. I realized how small it was after I took it home, and it made me so sad just looking at him. So I bought a new tank.

Ugh, I hate these common misconceptions.
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #14 
Campbell

No, you shouldn't try to educate people if you haven't even done research yourself. IMO, even though the fighting videos are cruel, you know what you're going to get when you click. Unlike the ones where you think you are being taught proper care but instead get tons of false information.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #15 
ANHEL123

Betta cruelty

Quote:
Originally Posted by peimai View Post
more importantly how do you get them out when they eventually die...my experience with a 1/2 gal was fatal i can't imagine what the mortality rate is with these.

"they like it. They live in puddles in the wild like 6 cm deep' ~~extraordinarily stupid person
i love,obsesed with betta. It is painful to see pictures like that. One time i saw on u-tube how they put 3 bettas together and watch how they fight. I was crying for 1 hr couldn't sleep.
I wish people like that experience pain may be than they will understand how cruel it is. Then more i know people then more i like animals.

Also guy's i have 5 bettas at home and 3 bettas in two different offices i am working . 4 of them about 2.5 y old rest of them 9 mo, 1years old. I never had filter for them. I even research in the computer and it is not necessary. Also my betta at work live in less then 1 gal. I think it 0.5 g. I change it every 7 days.

Also one office where i have 2 bettas temperature in the winter 69 degree saturday through tuesday.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:00 PM   #16 
ANHEL123

Betta cruelty

i love,obsessed with betta. it is painful to see pictures like that.

One time i saw on u-tube how some people put 3 bettas together and watch how they fight. I was crying for 1 hr couldn't sleep.
i wish people like that experience pain then may be than they will understand how cruel it is.Then more I know people then more i like animals.

Also gyu's i have 5 bettas at home and 3 bettas in two different offices i am working. 4 of them about 2.5 y old rest of them 9 mo old,1 y old. I never had filter for them. I even reaserch in the computer it not necessary. Also my betta at work live in less then 1 gal. i think it 0.5 gal tank and i changh them every 7 days.

Also one office where i have 2 bettas temperature in the winter 69 degree saturday throgh tuesday. Bettas about 2.5 y old.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #17 
Phoxly

I don't think words can describe how happy my betta is right now, planted tank, tankmates to chase around, lots of places to explore, I wish every betta could have a big ol 10 gallon. Live plants are a pain though, and I don't really think the betta knows the difference as long as its soft to rub up on lol. When i told my step mom I got a betta for my tank at my place she was so shocked I bought a 10 gallon for a betta lol but he LOVES it.
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #18 
XSprinkleFaceX

If you guys think those tanks are bad..you should google Betta OH tank...omg. Its disgusting.
Phoxly i know how you feel because when I bought my 5G I got into a fight with my sister and the pet store lady because she was saying that it was too big and that the 0.5G is better for them since they dont need a filter. My betta looks amazing and they're all surprised at how he looks.
XSprinkleFaceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #19 
naturegirl243

When I got my first betta I bought that betta kit but I thought it was small but it was the biggest one at the pet store for bettas.I was so clueless I am so happy I did research and that my fish are happy now.I saw a youtube video were a guy ate a LIVE betta that was in one of those kit's for 20 dollars!I was disgusted.
Attached Images

naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #20 
finnyfishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
Honestly, someone asked me why the heck I was spending so much money on one fish. I was like, hello? He's a living creature, he deserves to be respected. And the lady told me that they used to live in shallow muddy puddles, so it doesn't matter. First of all, that's not even true. Second of all, they have been bred so far from their native ancestors that it doesn't even matter. And third of all, I explained to her:
Say, you adopt a poor child from the streets of some slum. The kid is used to digging up garbage and eating very, very little. He's used to sleeping outside with little clothing and sitting in his own filth.
Well, since the kid is used to living in such conditions, once you adopt him, it doesn't matter what his living conditions are, because he's obviously quite hardy and can survive through anything.

Honestly, what is wrong with people? I mean, I didn't know anything about bettas before, I didn't know about the heater or filter or size of the tank. I bought him a 1/2 gallon tank, but then I had the common decency to research about them and got him a 2 gallon tank, with the works. Finding out that some people even buy THESE kinds of "tanks" for their fish made me rage so hard:

I don't even.
I totally agree with what you said Wildfire! My boyfriend, who knows nothing about Bettas, said he's fine in his 1 gallon tank, with no heater, no filter, and nothing in his tank... I was baffled by what he said since he's a total fish lover. I said he may be fine but he wont thrive and wont be happy... and then I read him what you wrote and I think he now sees the light.
finnyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote