Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #1021 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
My Rant: I got back two tests today. One in lit, one in chemistry. both I felt I'd aced. Guess what I got? a 68 (with the curve added) and a 63 . I flunked both! And I'm so far behind in my readings. I’ve gotta read a 1000 paged book (count of monte cristo) in 14 days! And I’ve gotta read 200 pages in Crime and Punishment, and I’ve gotta read 3 chapters from my AP book by tomorrow! My teachers must hate me right now because I’m doing so horribly in their classes. ;_;

Oh, and I have what feels to be a blister forming in the back of my mouth. If this is mono (again) I think I'm going to die, because mono is possibly the WORST sickness I've EVER gotten :P
WOW, that's a LOT of reading!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #1022 
metalbetta

I hate my job. I hate my job. I hate my job. I hate my job. I hate my job.I hate my job. I hate my job. I hate my job. I hate my job. I hate my job. I hate my job. I hate my job.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #1023 
wallywestisthebest333

*hugs MB* :[ Been there.
*hugs JKF* I'm there right now. :[
My Rant:
because of creepy guy at the food court I forgot to call my best friend of six years who decided to forgive me for my awful behavior and call me this morning. >8[
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:42 AM   #1024 
bloo97

Rant: I got a 68 on my LA test, but since it's the first grade of the grading period, I have a 68 in LA. D=

Life is already hard enough with friends betraying me, bullies, and just plain ol' immature morons.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:35 AM   #1025 
Capricorn

anti-rant; this bagel is delicious ;__;
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #1026 
JKfish

Metal Betta: Care to explain?

Bloo: :( I'm sorry things are rough. Don't let bullys and "friends" get you down.

Rant: I'm sick, and my work load has increased by another chapter in the AP book, 20 more pages in Crime and Punishment, 9 Persia charts (AP, and chem homework. It's only slightly decreased :/

AntiRant: I've got blisters (5 or so) in the back of my throat, but it's not mono!!!! W00t, just a nasty cold. And, I'm staying the rest of today home from school~ Apart from school work, life is pretty darn good.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #1027 
metalbetta

Long story short, people frustrate me.

At my work, part of a host's job is to hold the door open for EVERYONE. It's annoying as hell. No matter how totally capable they are of doing it themselves, we absolutely have to make them feel as welcome as possible. I could be across the restaurant doing something actually productive and if I see someone coming, I have to drop everything and beat them to the door, or risk hearing about it from my managers.
Yesterday, as a guest was leaving, he made a snarky comment about it, saying (and I quote) "Oh, by golly! You found yourself a job you can actually handle! Ha ha ha" .... Of course since I need this stupid job I laughed along, flipping him off in my mind. I'm pretty angry about it.. I work my butt off to make a living. I'm a host, busser, and server. Outside of that, I play in a band, and again, I work my butt off advertising and promoting, practicing and performing to make a buck. I own and maintain many betta tanks, no casualties yet. in fact they are all doing very well. To say that I can't handle anything more complicated than holding a door open is flat out offensive. The only reason I still work there is because of my co-workers. Who rock.
Of course he doesn't know any of this, but WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM MAN? Don't mess with the people who make your food.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #1028 
nochoramet

My absolute BEST friend... just came to the same college I have been at this semester. And she thinks that now that we live in the same tiny town and go to the same college, we must spend every waking moment with each other. I have a full ride and must keep a really high GPA plus i'm taking a lot of hours, AND this is my sophomore year so classes are a little more hectic (And i don't do well under pressure) and she keeps guilting me into doing things with her. So much that I'm getting behind in school and I've been neglecting my boyfriend horribly trying to make her happy. I really need help in how to handle this situation, because I love her and we're great friends, but she is so NEEDY and makes me feel like a bad friend when I turn her down or say I need to give Michael some time. I don't want to make things awkward, but I'd like to keep my scholarship and my boyfriend :c
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #1029 
Fawnleaf

Just explain to her that how well you do in college will decide the rest of your life. You can't throw that away just because she feels like going to the movies every night. Also she's not the only one in your life and she needs to respect that. I'd just tell her gently so she understands.

Last edited by Fawnleaf; 10-15-2010 at 04:08 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #1030 
CodeRed

I want to adopt a dog so bad ;-; I'm crying after I read two stories.

Be warned, these'll probably make you cry...

http://www.playmorsiberians.com/howcouldyou.html
http://www.dogforums.com/general-dog...-his-name.html

Sorry for the link to another forum, it's got the story on it.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou