Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #10311 
fightergirl2710

Usually they crop the ears of pets and show dogs. I don't think the security people would be bothered with that lol! That pet store guy is actually quite a reputable doberman breeder, he's won many shows O.o. They were so sweet and so desperate for cuddles, I just loved them! Dabu is such a cute name! :D
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:34 AM   #10312 
platyfishlover123

I love love Pitbulls and Dobermans but what I hate is that so people think it is purely the breed who is evil. I am wondering how on Earth could a dog be born aggressive with the right breeding and training? I definately think it is the owner not the breed who is vicious. I get so mad when someone says Pitbulls are evil because not all of them are, and it's even worse to think about how they are forced to fight in the arena. My dad used to own 2 Pitbulls (Bandit, and Lucy) when I was 1-3! And I loved to play with them and they are the sweetest thing when they are treated correctly by the owners! agree that if a chihuahua was ket on the loose and attacked a man, a dog, and even a baby it would not have been on the news because no one cares about a chihuahua attack so why care about a pitbull attack?
Sorry I just get so mad when it comes to the Pitbull, Doberman, German Shepard, Ect. being evil.
platyfishlover123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #10313 
1fish2fish

I'm sorry but that link is total crap. Pit bulls are NOT the most aggressive breed... not by a long shot.

Pit Bulls are known as nanny dogs. They were bred to be GREAT around people of all ages an in the 20s and 30s they were America's FAMILY dog... much how Labs and Golden Retrievers are thought of today. They were bred to be DOG aggressive and dog aggression DOES NOT EQUAL human aggression. Its only in recent times that poor breeding and lack of socialization has created animals that are unstable.

You wanna know why there are so many pit bull "attacks"???? Because there are MORE of them in lower socio-economic societies around the country. Because thugs and low lives decided that this breed was going to replace the Rottweiler as their status symbol. The statistics are completely skewed.

Take an area and compare bite statistics... in the area there may be 1,000 pit bulls but only 200 chihuahuas and only 500 Labradors... WHO do you think is going to have more bite statistics??? The group with the larger number of animals.

Not to mention.... People mistake and wrongly label dogs as pit bulls all the time. I've seen everything from Labs to Boxers to Rottweilers labeled as pit bulls.. wanna know why??? Because people don't know jack crap about breeds and identifying them and because saying Pit Bull bites Man will get more readers than "Man attacked by dog".

The fact of the matter is.. The "most aggressive breed" used to be the Doberman, then it was the German Shepherd, next it was the Rottweiler, now it's the Pit Bull. What do each of these breeds have in common? They need a lot of training and correct handling to stay out of trouble. They are strong and strong willed breeds and sadly each and every one of them has been maligned due to being picked by the scum of society as the status symbol dog.

Can you pick out the pit bull from these? Be honest.
http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #10314 
HatsuneMiku

hmm .. is that site a trick question ? .. there's no pit bulls in that link .. tho the rottweiler has such a great expression lol .. it's like he's going .. *tilt's head whuuuat?*
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #10315 
fightergirl2710

I think rottweilers are adorable! When they're not baring their fangs at you! lol! And those two dobermans(men?) changed my entire outlook on that breed. And I positively adore German Shepherds, I would totally have one, one day. :)
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #10316 
Sakura8

I agree with everyone who says that all of the breeds with a "bad rep" are just breeds who need extra-firm training. The type of people who want pit bulls usually are not the type who will provide that necessary training.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #10317 
metalbetta

Rotties are great dogs. I had a friend who had two of them just outside of town. they had a good amount of land for them to run around on, but most of the time they wanted to pretend they were a small breed and crush your vital organs by laying on your lap. lol
Sadly, one of them (where we go back to chain up your freaking dog) ended up crossing the street to where another house was, and the family got scared, and shot and killed her. Everyone was so upset. I don't remember if any legal action was taken, but if they were to claim that she was vicious (which they would have, and she wasn't), then they wouldn't have a case.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #10318 
vaygirl

Rant, I have a headache, heartburn, grumpies and I don't feel good! :P And Tango, I MISS you!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #10319 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatsuneMiku View Post
hmm .. is that site a trick question ? .. there's no pit bulls in that link .. tho the rottweiler has such a great expression lol .. it's like he's going .. *tilt's head whuuuat?*
one says "american pit bull terrier." I had to double check them all to figure it out, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #10320 
dramaqueen
Banned

Some day when I'm living with my brother, we're going to get a dog. They want a black lab but I want a Belgian Malinois.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou