Old 10-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #10411 
diablo13

And that would follow the law of gravity! XD
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #10412 
SaylorKennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
There is no reason to stick with something you're unhappy with. A break would probably be goud for you right now. Have you told your parents how you feel? Do you think they'd understand? Can you talk to a career counselor about everything? There is nothing wrong with changing majors. I did. lol I switched from education to psychology and was much happier.
Yeah, I know, DQ! I was looking at the local junior college in the city that I'm at and they have a few programs that interest me- horticulture science mostly. The only thing, though, is the classes I've already taken here won't help at all and I'd pretty much be starting over again (it's a 2 year course anyways). I'm going to do some more looking though and then talk with my family. I thought about it a lot today and it's just what I want to do. My current school doesn't have anything that still pertains to my interest (which would be horticulture or botany, although they have botany classes just not a focus on it). I am planning on setting up a meeting with my current counselor so I'll talk to her about it. The only bad part is I kind of have to decided by the end of this week what I'm going to do. We start registering for classes next week and tuition for winter trimester is due then, too. Talk about a rushed decision. I'd also probably want to meet with the junior college I'm looking at to see if I can start in spring term with my plans.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #10413 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1800 View Post
Physics can go jump off a cliff. -.-
So can my classes...
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #10414 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaylorKennedy View Post
Yeah, I know, DQ! I was looking at the local junior college in the city that I'm at and they have a few programs that interest me- horticulture science mostly. The only thing, though, is the classes I've already taken here won't help at all and I'd pretty much be starting over again (it's a 2 year course anyways). I'm going to do some more looking though and then talk with my family. I thought about it a lot today and it's just what I want to do. My current school doesn't have anything that still pertains to my interest (which would be horticulture or botany, although they have botany classes just not a focus on it). I am planning on setting up a meeting with my current counselor so I'll talk to her about it. The only bad part is I kind of have to decided by the end of this week what I'm going to do. We start registering for classes next week and tuition for winter trimester is due then, too. Talk about a rushed decision. I'd also probably want to meet with the junior college I'm looking at to see if I can start in spring term with my plans.

Good luck with everything. I hope it all works out for you so you'll have a career you're happy with.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:03 AM   #10415 
1fish2fish

Grr... I'm dropping my Audiology class which is the one causing me so much grief. I picked up an online class which will hopefully be better. I emailed the Audio prof bc she doesn't have office hours to ask if we could meet before class and now I have to wait through an entire 3 hour class just to have her sign the drop slip. Grrr.

I think its ridiculous to have to have the teacher sign the drop notice. I'm paying for this crap so I should be able to drop a friggin class without having to feel like I need to explain myself to the prof.
Posted via Mobile Device
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #10416 
CodeRed

Mother is going through tests at the hospital today and tomorrow she'll be having her pacemaker replaced. Antsy, and it doesn't help that I got 3 hours of sleep last night :/ Grr. Stiff, sore, and very, very irritable right now.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:22 AM   #10417 
1fish2fish

Scary stuff. I'm sure she'll do just fine though
Posted via Mobile Device
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:00 AM   #10418 
platyfishlover123

Found out I got Pinworm, and parasites creep me out a lot. Getting medication this morning. I hope it just goes away ASAP...
platyfishlover123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #10419 
dramaqueen
Banned

CodeRed, I hope things go well for your Mom. No wonder you couldn't sleep! Pretty scary stuff.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #10420 
mjoy79

Rant: Headaches. Migraines.

That is all
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou