Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #1051 
fishman12

Sorry codered. My mom mght give my cat away. She wants him to be inside-only. The other night he escaped through the dog door and my mom was so worried.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #1052 
CodeRed

Shaddow has been our kitty for about 3 years (his age, too), and while he was a feral cat for a little bit, the night we brought him home he calmed down immediately. I woke up and found him sleeping on me ('; Since then, he's been my baby.
Anyways, our old kitty eats soft food, so it should be no problem to get Shaddow to eat soft, too. In fact, now that I think about it, when he was sick he was fed soft food, and he used the litter box then... O.o He was raised on soft food, so actually prefers it.
The current litterboxes are in a very tucked away corner and in the basement where no one goes except for the cats, so I'm sure it's not privacy that he's lacking.
And last of all, we're going to set up a litterbox where he "goes" the most with some shredded newspaper, to see if he prefers that.

Thanks for all of the help (: I'm trying to get up the guts to euth Vulcan...
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #1053 
bloo97

I still hate syrup. >.<
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #1054 
Jupiter

I don't have a personal rant, since I've been having a great day today...but...

Why are some customers so rude? I was at Shoppers today in the makeup section. You know how they have those professionals who go around asking if you need help with anything? Yes, well, there was a lady close to me who was approached by one of the employees, who just happened to be a man. She told him in a very condescending way that she didn't want his help since he was a guy, and so he didn't know anything! She said, "I wouldn't ask my boyfriend for beauty advice, you know?" I wanted to tell her, "Well, he's not your boyfriend! He's an employee here, so he's more than qualified to help you!"

Sheesh...I felt bad for that guy, her tone was offending...

Last edited by Jupiter; 10-16-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #1055 
fishman12

Anti-rant! I just baffled my very powerful filter! And got a new watch!
Rant. It took me an hour and I spilled water all over the floor.

Also- Why are people so darn ignorant? Today I was at Walmart and this woman (late teens early 20s) walks up. She picks up this 1 gallon bowl. Then a man walks up (her boyfriend, I think) complaining the whole time about her getting a fish. She says "I have a crab, and I want a fish." So she has a 1 gallon bowl, and looks around. Then she goes over to where the bettas are (pronouncing it Bay-ta) and looks through them. Then she comes back and looks at the tanks and selects a 3 gallon kit. But then she put it back and then selected a betta. Then she walked off. With no food, conditioner, or anything. Poor Poor little betta.

Last edited by fishman12; 10-16-2010 at 04:24 PM.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #1056 
metalbetta

Rant:

... COME ON HUSKERS WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:07 PM   #1057 
CodeRed

Trying to gather the courage to euth Vulcan. Decided on the Clove Oil/Vodka way... Takes longer, but it relatively painless...
Old 10-16-2010, 05:13 PM   #1058 
weluvbettas

When i euth i think the freezing method is easier as they just gently go to sleep.
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #1059 
CodeRed

That's what the vodka method is. Clove oil puts them to sleep, and the Vodka kills them as they sleep.
I'm doing it now. He's sleeping with the clove oil, in about 5 minutes I'll add the Vodka.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:30 PM   #1060 
CodeRed

Actually,I don't think the Vodka is needed... It appears as if he's passed. I'll miss my fighter <3 He lasted since probably around October with a tumor, and in the past three to four weeks has been fighting blindness in one of his eyes. It's better for him and me to be gone. I love that little boy <3

Tags
bettathanyou