Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #10741 
ThePearlFish

wow sakura, you are 30! You look so young in your family pics!
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #10742 
dramaqueen
Banned

To those of you who are able to drive but don't...
I am legally blind and my vision prevents me from driving. I wish I could!! It would make my life so much easier! I HATE not being able to drive. I understand fear keeping you from driving but I would try to get over the fear and work through it. It's depressing to have to depend on someone else to take me places. I can't go anywhere whenever I want, it always has to be whenever the other person wants to go. So, get your license so you don't have to depend on others for the rest of your life, like me.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #10743 
mjoy79

i caused an accident while I was in driver's edge at age 15. I hit the gas instead of the brake and drove right into the flower shop next door to the driver's ed place, driving my dad's car.
It cost a lot of money to replace the window that I destroyed... but didn't give up on driving!

Dramaqueen. I'm sorry you can't drive due to vision problems.
I worry about that happening to me at some point. I'm in my early 30's and have cataracts. I'm not able to get surgery for it for at least 5 years, so until then its contacts and glasses - but i've worn those since junior high. Is there any kind of surgery that would help you improve your vision so you can drive?
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #10744 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoy79 View Post
i caused an accident while I was in driver's edge at age 15. I hit the gas instead of the brake and drove right into the flower shop next door to the driver's ed place, driving my dad's car.
It cost a lot of money to replace the window that I destroyed... but didn't give up on driving!

Dramaqueen. I'm sorry you can't drive due to vision problems.
I worry about that happening to me at some point. I'm in my early 30's and have cataracts. I'm not able to get surgery for it for at least 5 years, so until then its contacts and glasses - but i've worn those since junior high. Is there any kind of surgery that would help you improve your vision so you can drive?
Definitely don't ever let accidents put you off driving. I crashed my scooter the first time I tried to ride it on the real roads and that made me really scared, but I kept going (once my skin had grown back :p) and I am so glad I did, because not only is it great to have that freedom, it's also a blast to ride.

DQ: Wow, that must absolutely suck.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #10745 
dramaqueen
Banned

No, there isn't anything that can be done. It's something I was born with.Glasses don't help, either.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #10746 
fishman12

I have really bad vision. Not legally blind, but really bad. I hate these glasses that I've been wearing for 7 years now, always dependant on these stupid little things on my face.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #10747 
Sakura8

My mom can no longer drive because her vision has deteriorated due to 40 plus years of having type 1 diabetes. So that leaves my poor dad ferrying us everywhere. I agree, DQ, it's really something I need to work on because I feel bad for him. He bears the brunt of a lot of things. On the other hand, he gets a lot of reading done while waiting in the car. He never used to have time to read before.

PearlFish, yup, I hit the big 30 in March and it still hasn't quite sunk in yet. Living at home makes me feel like I'm 12. >.>

You know, a Vespa would be totally awesome. But I think in CA, you have to have a car driver's license to get a motorcycle license. Grr. What I'm afraid of most is the driver's test. I get soooo nervous and having to sit and wait 4 hours because they're backed up doesn't help either (no, seriously, that's how long I waited on my last driver's test).
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:40 PM   #10748 
dramaqueen
Banned

Living at home does have a tendency to make you feel like a little kid. It sucks.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #10749 
DanielaMarie

You know, a Vespa would be totally awesome. But I think in CA, you have to have a car driver's license to get a motorcycle license. Grr. What I'm afraid of most is the driver's test. I get soooo nervous and having to sit and wait 4 hours because they're backed up doesn't help either (no, seriously, that's how long I waited on my last driver's test).[/quote]

You don't have to have a Class C drivers license to obtain a M1/M2 license in CA.
"License requirements
all Drivers
To obtain a Class M1/M2 license,
you must:
Complete the application and
permitrequirements listed above.
Pass a DMV skill test or present a
Completion of Motorcycle Training Certificate (DL 389) to waive
the skill test.
NOTE: If you are 21 years of age
or older, you can attend a CHP approved motorcycle training course.
If you complete this motorcycle
training course and submit a valid
DL389, your insurance cost may be
reduced. Check with your insurance
company to see if you qualify for
a reduced rate. Additionally, the
knowledge and skills you learn
in this motorcycle rider training
course may help you avoid a serious injury or a fatal collision. This
motorcycle training course is highly
recommended.
Pass a road test, if you are applying for a Class M1/M2 license
only. "

This is from the California Motorcycle Handbook (2011)
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/dl655/dl665mcycle.pdf
DanielaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #10750 
HatsuneMiku

you don't need a class c license anymore to get ur m1 or m2 license ..

taken from the dmv.ca.gov website
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_info.htm#two505

There are two classes of motorcycle licenses, Class M1 and Class M2.
  • With a Class M1, you can operate any 2-wheel motorcycle and any motorized vehicle in Class M2.
  • With a Class M2, you can only operate any motorized bicycle or moped or any bicycle with an attached motor.
Effective January 1, 2006, you may operate a motorized scooter with a Class M1 or M2 driver license. Prior to January 1, 2006, you must have a Class C or higher driver license to operate a motorized scooter.

M1 and M2 licenses are a lot easier to get then class C license .. all u do is take a motorcycling class from the local PD .. or any school that grants the license from completion of the class .. be careful though .. some places say they do but really don't ..

the local PD classes and college motorcycle classes defiantly do work with the dmv .. so you don't have to actually take the test at the dmv
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou