Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #10781 
Bombalurina

UTIs suck. I used to have them all the time when I was younger. Pretty much one every three months between the ages of 8 and 12. Cranberry did nothing. Antiobiotics was the only help, and a wierd lemon thing called Ural.

I think I need to come to the USA and experience a proper Hallowe'en...
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #10782 
Sakura8

Hatsune: We should make little treat bags since we get so few trick or treaters. I'm just lazy. Yours look so adorable though. :)

My mom gets UTIs a lot because of having had a kidney transplant. Her transplanted kidney is basically hooked right up to her bladder so it backs up easily. I'm told bubblebaths are a major factor in causing infections, too.

Bombalurina: Go to the East Coast, like Massachussetts. They LOVE Halloween there and take it really seriously.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #10783 
DanielaMarie

Halloween is a huge thing in Salem, Massachusetts.
DanielaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #10784 
Bombalurina

Can't wait to travel to America. I want to visit every state and collect a fridge magnet, so I can build the USA on my fridge. I'm working on a list of something to see in each state. Hallowe'en appears to be my Massachusetts thing. :p
Old 10-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #10785 
dramaqueen
Banned

When are you planninbg to come to the U.S?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #10786 
Bombalurina

When I have the money to do so. :p After I graduate, definitely. My list in order of places I want to see:
- Vietnam, Japan, Cambodia, Thailand and Laos
- The USA
- Europe (visiting the home country whilst I'm there)
I'll no doubt have to leave several years between each trip to save up.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:15 AM   #10787 
Sakura8

Rant: People in denial.

This kind of ties in with aquaman's rant about the boy accusing everyone of being racist. Sorry if this heavy but it's really starting to bug me.

I'm tired of families of criminals claiming their loved one couldn't possibly do what they did. This man shot a cop four times. Four people IDed him as did the officer who did survive. When the cops came to get him, the suspect stashed guns and ran. While en route to the police station, the man had a medical emergency and died. But his family is accusing the police of beating the suspect and of not helping him when he had his emergency. They say their loved one could not possibly shoot a cop and run and that although he "wheezed while talking," he was perfectly healthy. The police are racist and are at fault and the family will no doubt sue, which the police department can't handle because funds are slashed already.

Evidence against this suspect? The police dash cam caught the police attempting CPR when he began showing signs of discomfort. If the suspect couldn't shoot someone and run, why would four people finger him as the suspect and why would he run? Innocent people with nothing to fear don't run when the cops show up. And perfectly healthy people don't wheeze just while talking. And the prelim autopsy report says there was no trauma so the police coudn't have beaten him so bad he died. I suspect the man had an undiagnosed heart condition that killed him. Not the police. But I'm so tired of people accusing the police of actions they didn't commit just because the suspect isn't white. The police aren't saints by any means but why can't people just face facts that sometimes loved ones have a problem that ends in violence? Why does it always have to come down to race? Why? *sobs*

I'm through. Sorry. I should seriously stop watching the evening news.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:39 AM   #10788 
SaylorKennedy

AntiRant- Thanks goodness I kicked myself in gear and went to the library earlier. I didn't take my computer and my ipod died 2 seconds before I entered the library so I literally had no distractions and I got about 60-70% of TWO formal lab reports done. I just finished one of them about an hour ago and I just have a paragraph left to do on the other one which I will be doing in a second.

And then it will be good riddance with Organic Chemistry lab FOREVER! YAY!
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:11 AM   #10789 
Leeniex

I'm in a crappy mood because I got my final grades last night from MA school. My externship office manager gave me a C for a grade. Apparently she gives everyone a C. I had a 4.0 average and that jerk ruined it. I worked more than my required hours, never sat down for 6-8 hours a day, never got a lunch break, and did everything I was told to do well.

I plan on calling my school today and raising holy heck.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #10790 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't blame you, Leeniex. That's terrible of that externship manager to give everyone the same grade.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote