Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #10951 
ThePearlFish

yup they do don't they? Especially when they have the whole rest of the cage to do it in..:/

I actually watched a show about the snake roundups you are talking about Purple. This one man goes to all of them even though he is disgusted by them. He wants to document the snake populations and what goes on at them, It made me sad watching the show, Especially cus the rattlesnake lived with his turtle friend in the burrow, And then the turtle was left all alone after the snake got gassed out :(
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #10952 
purplemuffin

That's basically what I'll be doing this next 'roundup season'. A lot of the corporate sponsors don't know what they are sponsoring, and when they see their signs proudly displayed at these nasty festivals, they often pull their sponsorship immediately. That would for sure help cut funding. The important thing about this is we have to film these awful things but we have to NOT flag the videos of them, since we need more people to know what actually happens there. I live in Texas, I can just drive up to one. Going to be tough to keep my cool, but it'll be worth it if what I do helps get these things to stop!

I hate the gassing. Often times it kills the rest of the animals in the area as well, it's awful. It is a very sad thing no matter which way you look at it.

My other less depressing rant: It's COLD in this house!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:46 AM   #10953 
Myates

When someone comes here claiming to be from another forum, PMs me a bunch of questions then uses my answers word for word (with a few of their own thrown in between) on here with people's problems. I don't mind helping out- just if I give advice it was for a specific problem, as sometimes each case is different for the same problem. But to say it is for an answer on another forum and then use it here, I don't want anything coming back saying "Well, so and so told me to do this in a PM" when it wasn't for anyone on this forum.

Again- don't mind answering questions, helping someone out. But it's not like I don't spend enough time in the emergency section that I won't see what's going on lol. I rather go case by case on helping someone, not someone ask me via PM and claim for another forum then comes on here and answers using my answers o.O

Sounds silly I know.. but if not careful, can give the wrong advice to someone from something I said, without me knowing what is going on, other then just asking me the basic treatments.

I'm not mad and will help out anyone who needs- but I just wanted to warn that when using info given for one thing, doesn't always work for others.

Last edited by Myates; 11-11-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #10954 
Bombalurina

I can only find one source for my English essay and simply have no idea what to write for Bioethics. The question is very broad, which I would enjoy if it wasn't due in less than a week, with only 3 days to write it because of another essay due on Monday and an exam on Tuesday.

Not entirely sure teachers think about due dates much.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #10955 
GreenTea

Bomba, what's your essay on? I might be able to help..
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #10956 
Bombalurina

English is about a comparison on the effect of Dracula's characterisation on the protagonists and Bioethics is about the spectre of eugenics in modern genetic technology. Sadly, since they are both final essays in place of exams I'm not allowed to request or accept help for either of them, especially from people who know stuff about the field. I'm just allowed to rant about them online. I hope. :p
But thanks for the offer, it is much appreciated! :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #10957 
GreenTea

Ok ;) Good luck! If you ever need English help I'm your girl..
Old 11-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #10958 
GreenTea

Bettas just spawn already
Old 11-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #10959 
Salamandair

Walmart, Y U Just now decide to let FOUR fish die?!

I guess it can't be helped, since it is Walmart after all. The same walmart I got Casper from had four poor bettas dead, including two what would've been pretty girls :(

They had a beautful pink and light blue VT boy there and god, did I want him. Boyfriend had to tear me away, though >(
Salamandair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #10960 
Sakura8

At my Wal-Mart today, I couldn't even see the bettas, their cups were so murky. People change the oil in their car more often than they change the water in those cups. >.<
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou