Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #10981 
fishman12

Thank you!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #10982 
Bombalurina

Wow. I don't think I could have done worse on that exam if I had no arms, was blindfolded and had to read and write with my nose.
I just pray I failed by a small enough margin to be allowed to do the re-sit for people who were almost not total fails.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #10983 
dramaqueen
Banned

Oh, no! I'm sorry. I hope you can do it over.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:12 AM   #10984 
Bombalurina

The worst part is, it was one tiny mistake that will have such bad consequences. I knew all my stuff and could have done really well, but I missed the tiny font on the front page that said, "This exam contains two questions. You must only complete ONE", so I wasted my time struggling to cough up a coherent answer for both. Le sigh.
I'm more annoyed at my own stupidity than anything else. Still, nothing to be done about it now, so I shall forget about it til result time.
Can I be bothered to go to the local aquarium meeting tonight? I am a committee member and I should be setting a good example...but golly I'm sleepy. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:43 AM   #10985 
dramaqueen
Banned

They should have made the print bigger so the instructions would be more noticeable.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #10986 
Pitluvs

Ok this may be a bit of a weird rant for some, others will see my frustration.

I'm sick of finding old wooden toys in my house, cars, trains and such. I keep asking my son "Where did you get this?" and he always replies "The man down stairs, Mom". My apartment is two levels, the 1st floor is a kitchen, bath, living room and our bedroom. The basement is my kids 2 rooms, bathroom and a playroom. It used to be an apartment on it's own. My landlord bought this place last year, he said someone bought it and started remodeling, and just "up and left". Seriously, it's like someone walked out in a hurry! He said there was half smoked cigarettes in an ashtray that burned out, cups of moldy coffee by the work station. Anyways, I moved in here in May. There has been weird things happening since day one, including waking up one night to every window open and every door outside. My plates and cups are always moved or tipped right side up.

And why am I ranting? Cause whatever is here likes to sing to my daughter at night time and shhhoshhh's her back to sleep if she wakes up. Her room makes me sick, I literally get dizzy in there. My son keeps getting old wooden toys. It's CREEPY. I've dealt with this stuff all my life, but it's always been neutral. I am very uneasy with whatever is here being so attached to my children. My old apartment across the road has kids everywhere, my son would point them out and name them, he couldn't even speak (1-2yrs old) but he knew the "kids" names. My Mom used to call me and my place would sound like a daycare, but my son would be down for a nap. There is much more but I won't go on since some of it gets pretty intense and creepy.

Urgghh... I guess I'm just sick of these things happening. I just found a new old toy, I had to rant :(
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #10987 
mjoy79

Maybe I'm getting old, but it seems like there has been a sudden onslaught of posts with profanity in them. Last I checked this was a family forum? I have used the report feature - but I feel like I'm starting to become the "report nazi" LOL
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #10988 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoy79 View Post
Maybe I'm getting old, but it seems like there has been a sudden onslaught of posts with profanity in them. Last I checked this was a family forum? I have used the report feature - but I feel like I'm starting to become the "report nazi" LOL
Report away, they are annoying me too. And I curse like a drunken sailor on a full moon normally in person but when it comes to kids and being respectful of others, I keep my P's and Q's to myself. Laugh next time you see me say crud, you know I censored myself haha
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #10989 
dramaqueen
Banned

I guess that people don't read the forum rules. I have warned people until I'm blue in the face but I guess they want to see how far they can get before they get banned. What part of FAMILY FRIENDLY do these people not understand? Mijoy, don't worry about being a report nazi. We want to be alerted about any problems so we can take care of them.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #10990 
erinandares

Pitluvs, I've always had the same problem! For some reason, these things are drawn to me no matter what I do. :/ I've recently moved into a new apartment and along with the few who follow me wherever I am, one was already living here. It FLIPPED OUT when I moved in. I don't know, I just thought I could commiserate on the creeps there with your family... All I can say is to trust your gut when it comes to them. There are so many things I can see and I deal with that other people never can and never do until they meet me. It's a weird effect, I don't know how to explain it... But seriously. Trust your gut. I'm sure you know this already, though....

And also, about the cursing... I curse like crazy in reality. I've been trying to cut back on it, but seriously? I'm an eighteen year old. >.> But in all honesty, I don't see why anyone can't take the time like everyone else to think of some nicer way to say something. A lot of people find cursing offensive, and it isn't fair to force them to see it if they don't like it. I like to think I do well with being a (semi?)contributing member without sounding like a fool.
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou