Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #11011 
Sakura8

BeautifulBetta, haha, yeah, I knew you would know about the proper ways of spawning but this girl . . . *shakes head in despair* Too bad she didn't talk to you BEFORE she tried this spawning thing.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #11012 
BeautifulBetta

Haha I'm no expert by any means, but I definitely could've at least told her what she would need :P Maybe some common sense too LOL
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #11013 
Sakura8

I've found common sense isn't common at all.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #11014 
BeautifulBetta

True story! I think they should re-name it to 'uncommon sense' or somthing. LOL I found a quote once, can't remember where, but it said "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity" haha
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #11015 
Tisia

ugh, stupid post office. was supposed to get my fish from DarkMoon by 3 today and they're not here. plus apparently their website hasn't bothered to update their hours since 2008 and they actually do have office hours on Saturdays so I could have actually gotten them shipped last week instead >_<
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #11016 
Sakura8

Beautiful, haha, I love that quote. So true.

Tisia, that stinks. :( I hope the little guys and gals are okay. Now we know why the postal department is struggling. o.O

Rant: Tired of my parents, especially my mother, treating me like I'm a child. Yes, I have social anxiety but that doesn't lower my intelligence.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #11017 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sakura, I know exactly how you feel. People in my family treat me like a child and my mom does, too. Just because you have a disability doesn't mean you have low intelligence. My brother thinks I have no concept of money because I've never really worked. Well, I've been managing my money all my life and doing a darn good job of it, thank you very much!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #11018 
Sakura8

DQ, exactly! In my case, all the things I can't do, it's because they've always done it for me without giving me the chance to learn. Even now, my mom still won't let me cook. Afraid I'll burn the kitchen down, I guess. Hah, if my brother hasn't blown it up by now, I doubt I could.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #11019 
dramaqueen
Banned

I was never made to do anything when I was young. I cooked and cleaned when I was in college but when I moved back in with my mom she never asked me to do anything. It was just easier for her to do it herself, I guess. Then, when she is unable to do heavy stuff after her surgery, I get criticized how I wasn't used to doing housework. THEN, my mom tells my brother that it was overwhelming to me he says it's all part of being an adult. Those comments made me mad.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #11020 
erinandares

My parents are exactly the opposite. My mom is just lazy so she never did/does anything for us, we always had to do everything for ourselves. That usually equated to me cooking dinner and me cleaning the house while her two angels whirled through and destroyed everything in sight and my dad worked. >.>

Now that they're divorced, I live with my dad and they live with our mom and their house is a disgusting mess and I never go over there because it smells. So there. And now I know how to take care of things, so I have bettas. :D

I have a less scathing rant: Why is it I can never find an ice cream that isn't chocolate and has no chocolate in it? Dx And one that also isn't strawberry? I finally found a good caramel one from Edy's, but it was light. I want real ice cream with no chocolate and no strawberry. >:(
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote