Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #11041 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaylorKennedy View Post
It makes me think about how different my priorities are from most other college kids. Like I can honestly say that sometimes I don't feel like a normal college kid. I work around 35 hours a week (even though I don't have to, my school is all paid for) and I'm a full-time student living on campus. I basically have no social life and what time I do have I've been giving it to the guy I've begun seeing. I am proud to say that I've tripled my savings account so far this school year, though, while still being able to indulge in luxuries (aka shoe addiction). :)

Good for you. You've got your priorities straight. A lot of kids do nothing but party, drink and get high at college because they're away from mom and dad for the first time. What a waste of time and money for these people. I had a roommate my first year that found a boyfriend after the first few months, then she moved in with him and everything else went out the window. She never went to her classes because she wanted to be with him 24 hours a day. Good grief!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #11042 
Betta Slave

Rocky Horror Show at the citadel was SOLD OUT. And we were there an hour and a half EARLY. ARGH.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #11043 
fishman12

Ha! Weird. I got a little under half of it done. Yay!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #11044 
purplemuffin

Dionysus has dropsy. :(
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #11045 
purplemuffin

Make that 'had' dropsy.. :( That was fast.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #11046 
GunsABlazin

im sorry purple :(
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #11047 
Sakura8

I'm so sorry, Purple. :( *hug*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #11048 
fishman12

Aww, that stinks.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #11049 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry, Purple.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #11050 
SaylorKennedy

Major rant about customers...Sorry. I'm a little burnt out and the holidays are just getting to me! Thank goodness I have tomorrow off!

Omg, work was so busy today from end to start. When I got there, my department manager was even on a register with the store manager watching the floor. I've never seen that before- it's usually just the head cashiers go on register and the department manager watches the floor. Our Christmas catalog came out this morning, though, so that explains why we had huge rushes all day. What makes it worse is that it seems everyone always wants to check out at once, and then after we get through everyone, it's fairly steady/slow then another rush like 30 minutes later and it just repeated all day.

I hate when people will make you hold up your line for 5 minutes to do a price check to save like $1. Even though most of the time they're wrong anyways and don't read signs.

I also hate bagging. As a cashier I know the bags we have and what to put in them and what to leave out. I always leave out the stuff that's going to be too heavy for the bag and stuff that's going to just be awkward to carry (like paint trays). Well some people really feel it necessary to put EVERYTHING in a bag. So then they get snippy about it when I don't put their gallon of paint in a bag...SERIOUSLY? So then instead of asking for me to bag something (which even to my dislike, I will do) they try to do it themselves, but the bag corrals aren't made to be handled from where the customers are standing so they always end up messing up all the bags which then means I have to fix all of them.

I've said this before- but I hate when people who are writing checks don't even open up their checkbooks until after I've totaled them out. Uh, you're standing in line for 5 minutes, you can at least fill out the date, pay to and sign it...I had someone today complain about the wait in line during one of the rushes and then they go an take their time writing out the check, which they then RIP so bad that my computer can't read and I have to hand-type in all the information. I hate when people stand at my register and balance their checkbook, holding up my line after I'm done with them. And then you can't forget the people who even though they know they're writing a check, don't have a pen. Then they stare at me like I can read their mind that they want to borrow my pen. I never give out my pen unless they ask for it because really, you shouldn't assume that you can just have mine.

And finally, I hate that about 75% of people don't even listen to me. Honestly, I do try to be sincere when I'm with a guest and usually I say "hello, how are you doing today?" and then they reply, and that's usually when I ask if it's going to be on our store's card (because I have to) and they say "yes....wait no." Because 90% of the time they assume that I'm asking if "that's it" or "if they found everything okay." It usually just makes me realize how much people don't pay attention to cashiers.

Being a cashier has really changed my perspective when I'm out and about shopping myself. I always am super nice to the people checking me out because I know how it feels myself. Although, I hate when you're in a store and the cashier doesn't even say thanks. I ALWAYS so "thanks, have a nice day!" when people leave, but the other day I said thanks to my cashier and she said "you're welcome." I was honestly kind of mad, lol.

Okay. I've ranted enough. I think it might have to do with me wanting to procrastinate on my homework, too.

SORRY it's so long!
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou