Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-24-2011, 12:04 AM   #11071 
dramaqueen
Banned

Around the holidays none of our relatives (the ones in town) call and they know we're alone but none of them ever invite us for the holidays. My brother won't ask us to fly to Texas to spend holidays with them because my sister in law doesn't like us. So therefor we spend Thanksgiving alone. My great uncle came last year with dinners from a restaurant but he's not able to drive now.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #11072 
erinandares

Aww. I'm sorry. :/ My family lives all over the country, so it's never really been an issue if we don't get invited to a holiday thing because no one else does, either. It does suck being alone on Thanksgiving, though. This one year, we invited a missionary from Boyce who was home from Africa to our thanksgiving.

If I had my own car, I'd stalk- I mean *find*- you and come visit for thanksgivng with yummy pies. :D
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:12 AM   #11073 
Sakura8

I'm sorry, DQ. The holidays can be depressing for that very reason. But you'll always have a family here on the forum who'll chat with you. :) I'm sure I'll be on tomorrow at some point. It's going to be a quiet day for my family too. But that's a bummer about your sister-in-law. :(
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:13 AM   #11074 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol. Thanks anyway. We're having ham, sweet potatoes, asparagus, cranberry jello salad, rolls and pumpkin pie.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #11075 
Jessiefish

^ I'm in the same boat, dramaqueen. I think all us loners should have a giant potluck and get together for the holidays.

The family on my side I associate with is small; the rest are dumb and I don't want to hang out with them. My husband's family on his mom and stepdad's side doesn't like me... or him anymore, it seems, since they never call. His dad and stepmom are fine with us; that side is just so big and loud with all the kids (and dogs) that it's overwhelming and exhausting.

This year it's just us and my mom. I'm doing Cornish Game Hens in the crockpot and calling it good.
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:17 AM   #11076 
erinandares

Haha, sorry if I'm a creep. I dun mean it. Lol. I now have another rant: people who are too petty to take their drama off the internet and people who are too... I don't even know what to take their half-naked pictures off the internet. I hate facebook.
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:19 AM   #11077 
dramaqueen
Banned

We usually have Christmas dinner with one of my cousin's but she's so wrapped up in greif over her husband who died a year and a half ago that it bothers my mom. I think she might have made comments to our cousin that didn't sit well. My mom is critical of her because she's still grieving for her husband.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:23 AM   #11078 
Sakura8

:( It's hard to realize how hard the loss of a loved one is until it happens to you. I know I've been critical and impatient with people who've lost a loved one and thought, "Oh just get over it already" but the truth is, I don't really understand what they're going through. I try to put myself in their shoes although I rarely succeed.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:27 AM   #11079 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think you can get through it but you can't get over it, if that makes sense. After losing my brother you'd think my mom would understand. It upsets her when people cry.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #11080 
Sakura8

Yes, that makes sense to me. And I know many people are uncomfortable when people are crying. It's hard to know what to say or do.

I'm sorry about your brother, DQ.

Tags
bettathanyou