Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2011, 02:03 AM   #11311 
Sakura8

I heard shingles hurt so bad. :( I'm glad you don't have to worry about your final though. At least that's one thing you can relax about.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:14 AM   #11312 
Pataflafla

Yeah. My doctor warned me, but I thought I'd try and boss though it like I did when I got my wisdom teeth removed. Probably not such a good idea.

Pain is kinda sharp, but not completely intolerable at the moment. But given that it's only a few days into this whole thing, it'll probably get a lot worse.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:16 AM   #11313 
Sakura8

Oh no, don't mention wisdom teeth. My dentist has been after me to get at least one removed for 3 years now and I've still been resisting.

I hope your doc gives you something strong for the pain. You may not be able to walk for a few days.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:27 AM   #11314 
Pataflafla

I know I only took one Percocet, when I could have taken it as needed. I just stuck tot he Toridol and that was enough for me. After that ran out it was just tylenol for me.

It's really not as bad as it sounds to be honest. I was down for maybe 3 days and then I could go out of the house. My face never really swelled too much and it was more of the medication making me sleep than anything.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:30 AM   #11315 
Sakura8

It's the whole concept of them digging around in my mouth. I had a bad dental experience when I was younger and now I literally have nightmares about my teeth crumbling in my mouth. In the dream, I'm always spitting bits of teeth out. It's kind of a nasty dream, really.

Now, as long as Ratchet behaves while you're on the mend . . .
Old 12-09-2011, 02:37 AM   #11316 
Pataflafla

I think they put you under when they do wisdom teeth. They did for me at least, but they had to go digging around for them since they weren't protruding yet.

and Ratchet has been behaving like a good boy for once. He's still attacking his plants though. At least he's stopped with the moss ball and heater now though. He's finally letting his tail grow back.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:41 AM   #11317 
Sakura8

Go Ratchet! Better he attack the plants than his tail.

Yeah, I think they put my brother out when he had his removed. He can be dopey but not that out of it, haha.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:42 AM   #11318 
Pataflafla

I'm always a chatterbox when I come out of anesthesia. I'll talk about anything and everything, but it mostly doesn't fit together.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:46 AM   #11319 
Sakura8

I remember they told my brother not to bend over for a while because of the wound in his mouth. What does he do? While my mom is talking to the receptionist, he bends over to tie his shoe and blood comes gushing out onto the carpet.

Haha, I can chatter and not have it make sense even when I haven't been anaesthesized. It's a special talent of mine, I think.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:48 AM   #11320 
Pataflafla

I was so bummed that I couldn't drink out of a straw. That and brushing my teeth was incredibly difficult. Fingers aren't effective for that unfortunately.

The stitches always creeped me out, but mine were bright yellow and I would purposely gawk at them.

Tags
bettathanyou