Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2011, 01:50 AM   #11321 
Sakura8

Yellow. How lovely. I can imagine feeling the stitches felt really weird, too.

Well, I may consider having the wisdom tooth out . . . if I get a betta in return.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:54 AM   #11322 
Pataflafla

It's really not as bad as it's made out to be. I had all of mine removed at the same time when I was 16, so I think you'll be able to handle at least 1.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #11323 
Sakura8

Thanks, Pata. I feel better about it, that's for sure. I'm sure my dentist will thank you, too.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:05 AM   #11324 
Neil D

Rant:

Time. None.

I have a math test and of course homework, 2.5 hr swim practices every night, and in the morning on thursdays. Im so dead tired.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #11325 
Pataflafla

Time seems to be a major problem for everyone. That or maybe life throws too much at us all at once. Either way, coping is difficult.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #11326 
CrowntailTwitchy57

RANT RANT RANT: I was supposed to go caroling at an old folks' home on wednesday, but I TOLD my vocals teacher that if I was the only one going, I WAS NOT GOING. And no one else said they were going, so I assumed I'd be alone, so I did not go. Today, she lectures us about "How bad that makes us look" and "How we said we were dedfinately going", because only one girl showed up. I felt terrible, and I enjoy caroling, but what good would it have done if I was alone? I'm just so mad about this, and my grandma wasn't too happy when I told her. I wanted to say something in class, but I've learned you do NOT talk back to a teacher, especially when they're going off on a rant.
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #11327 
Pataflafla

I always hated caroling at the nursing homes. I had to do it for my 3-5 grade years, but I always went with my entire class.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to be alone for it though. It's not much for caroling if there's only one person singing. It does leave quite a lot out of the music.

Some teachers are grumpy, but you could probably say something to yours after things settle down and just let them know that, had you known someone else was going, you would have gone too. That and you did let them know beforehand how you felt about going alone.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #11328 
Betta Slave

Rant-

Ugh. My piano teacher's making me do a whole freaking' theory-test BOOKLET FOR TOMORROW. Tomorrow! She won't even be here tomorrow. Tomorrow is my theory exam. What does it matter? I know all this stuff anyway.

She's all, "you're making a few mistakes there! D: I caught you! You have to do the whole thing!"

Well maybe I was making mistakes because a) I'm sick and I can't really think too straight and b) I just did a whole hour of intensive theory with you nagging me. My brain needs rest. >.>

/rant over. I know I sound like a whiny little kid but I'm angry. I know what I'm doing and I don't need to do extra. D:<
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #11329 
Pataflafla

It's always hard to write about music. It's easiest to just perform it instead of trying to translate it into words for people that don't want to hear it.

I always hated the finals in my high school band classes because we had to write a paper on how we did as a musician through the whole year. I always just wanted to record myself playing when I first started and then at the last performance since it would have helped me so much more instead of racking my brain trying to find words to describe most of the stuff I improved on.

Music truly is better listened to than read (Ina paragraph form at least).
Old 12-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #11330 
Betta Slave

It's not so much the writing as it is the... drawing of notes and stuff... like open scores, closed scores, plagal cadences, diminished seventh chords... yeah... not very fun stuff. XD
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou