Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2011, 02:02 AM   #11361 
Sakura8

I hope the coming week is better for you, Pata. You've certainly had more than enough go on in the last week.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:05 AM   #11362 
Pataflafla

I think the coming week will be better. I do have to get some Christmas shopping done soon. I plan on getting my family a new carpet cleaner since I've run the current one into the ground (My dog doesn't distinguish between inside and outside any more since he's confused most of the time anyway).

My mother will be graduating with her BSN on the 16 of this month as well, so that'll be a nice trip up to Flagstaff. I hope there's snow.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:07 AM   #11363 
Sakura8

Awesome, congratulations to your mom. That's great. :) Sorry about your dog. Got a cat like that so I understand. In our case though, she likes to hit up the garage. I think we should buy stock in paper towels and Nature's Miracle.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:12 AM   #11364 
Pataflafla

I have to tear out my carpet soon. It's stained so much and now it doesn't stop smelling like pee, even if I clean it up immediately. I'll probably wait until after the holidays.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:41 AM   #11365 
Sakura8

Yuck and yet I totally understand. My folks did that a few years ago and the carpet guy, who was allergic to cats to begin with, almost passed out. Tore out all the carpet and put in all hardwood floors. Makes cleaning up a lot easier and we get the added bonus of watching the cats scrabble for traction. On the downside, the floors are rather scratched up.

And now my folks are redoing the kitchen and sadly (yes, this is my rant so I stay on topic, haha), I don't like almost anything that they're doing. I have a feeling that the countertop they picked out will be so goshawful busy that it'll clash with everything. And then they're putting knobs on all the cupboard doors and drawers. Yay, one more thing for me to bruise my hip on.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:05 AM   #11366 
Sakura8

Was gonna post this in my last thread but the edit function ran out. So sorry for the double-post.

Anti-rant: Watching Hugh Jackman interviews on youtube. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:09 AM   #11367 
Arashi Takamine

Heh I know what you guys mean about remodeling. My parents just two years ago finally STOPPED remodeling the house. My kitchen? Entirely gutted, we were eating ramen noodles, frozen microwave dinners and on Christmas? Had to bake cookies at the next door neighbore's because our kitchen was well...Room-screwed so to speak.

Yeah..And poor Yugi had to go over dozens of nails just to get to the back door.

Thank GOD it's over....Though now my room needs more shelving.
Joy.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:42 AM   #11368 
Pataflafla

There's no plan for new flooring in my room or my sister's room yet. Her carpet was torn out a month or two ago now, but it's still bare concrete floor.

I'm more worried about Anvil being uncomfortable with his arthritis and all once I tear out my carpet. I want to make sure he's got a better bed than a few comforters piled on top of each other before I pull out my carpet.

Gonna have to get him another bottle of Metacam soon too as he's almost out.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #11369 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pataflafla View Post
There's no plan for new flooring in my room or my sister's room yet. Her carpet was torn out a month or two ago now, but it's still bare concrete floor.

I'm more worried about Anvil being uncomfortable with his arthritis and all once I tear out my carpet. I want to make sure he's got a better bed than a few comforters piled on top of each other before I pull out my carpet.

Gonna have to get him another bottle of Metacam soon too as he's almost out.
Petco has some really nice beds some even self warming their having a holiday 5 dollar off sale on them at that.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #11370 
mjoy79

Cataracts.
I'm too young for them but I've had them for a couple years now and its still too early to have surgery because insurance won't pay for at least another 5 years. I wear contacts and just got a new prescription a couple months ago but my vision is still blurry. I work on a computer so it makes the screen blurry too. Bah
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote