Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #1131 
Capricorn

Bleehhh, that all sucks. e.e I hope it sorts out for you!
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #1132 
Cassandra90

So do I. I feel bad for my parents, they just wanted to go to Florida and relax for their 26th anniversry. Now this happens, mom is crying dad is about to kill my sister.

Well when they get home things are going to change. They are going to shut off my sisters cell and change the password for the wifi, so she can not get online.
Cassandra90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #1133 
Capricorn

Good for them!

Usually I frown on doing stuff like that to punish kids (my parents do it too, ughhh), but that seems like the perfect solution for your sister. xD

Hopefully sometime they'll be able to get a nice vacation together. D:
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #1134 
Cassandra90

She just needs to tough love...

Thank you though :)
Old 10-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #1135 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra90 View Post
Well I really need to rant for this one....

My parents left for Florida on Friday October 15th and wont be back until Sunday October 24th. So my sister (18yrs) and I (20yrs) are left to watch the house and take care of the pets. After my parents left I was going to go the my boyfriends for the weekend, and my sister was going to stay at the house and have my cousin come over for the weekend.

Long behold that never happened. She drove a total of 9 hours alone to pick a guy up that she met online and brought him back to our house. Once I found out my boyfriend and I drove back to my house and waited for her to get home. Which was at 3am. Also on her trip she put the truck in a ditch and had to pay for a tow truck, luckily nothing was damaged.

Well I told my uncle all about this and he told my parents. I don't feel comfortable with a guy over that I don't know nor my sister knows that well. To add to it, this guy had the guts not to say one word to me nor my boyfriend and he has been sleeping in the same bed as my sister, on top of that it is my parent's bed. I do not know what she was thinking. So now it is a big drama deal. Orginally I was just going to get my sister to take him home on Sunday October 17th but she did not want to so my parents pretty much said either get the guy out of the house or they were going to call the cops to get the guy.

Well when this happened, she just left with the guy and went to her friends house, which she has been there for the past two nights with this kid. My parents told her she can not come back to the house until they get home. So I have all the house keys and vechile keys. I feel bad for my sister but this is her mistake. I know she is pissed at me, she told my parents that she doesn't consider me a sister anymore. Then she tells my parents that she is treated like a 12yr. old, well if she acts like this no wonder.

Hell it isn't like we have a hard life, my parents pretty much give us anything. They pay for our cell phone bills, let us live at home rent free, let us drive their vechiles, bought us laptops when we started college, etc. we pretty much get what we want. And my sister has no respect for this.

I know I can not be talking to much since I met my boyfriend over online, but I did not just go get him and bring him back to the house while my parents are gone. I talked to him via internet, web cam, and phone for 6 months then we finally started meeting for coffee, dinner, movie and after two months of dating we made it official and introduced each other to our parents.

I do not understand why she is so mad at me when I was only trying to look out for her.
You did the right thing and may have even saved her life...she will thank you one day.......your a good big sister........
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #1136 
Cassandra90

I know. But who knows when she will come to the conclusion I was only doing good for her.

Never know she might not come back home at all.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #1137 
BlueHaven

I am SO very pissed off and angry right now. I will NEVER understand why someone can willingly and happily take someone's life for granted & take it away for any reason when obviously they want their life as much as the dirty selfish rotten person who wants it for themself. How can one even pick up a freaking fork and eat and carry on and drink like nothing is wrong.
I will NEVER understand someone's choice to abuse or take one's life, it cannot and will not ever make any sense.
I know what it's like to lose someone, I've seen them helpless at a hopsital, relying on everyone else to live and though I may not have been VERY close to them or was very young when it happened, I didn't have those family members there as I grew up. They died at a young age and to see this happening to someone else who is obviously wanting to live their lives and still has it to live and fight for, those abusers are taking them for granted, and I just can't understand it.
I know I can pray and that is much more than I could do myself, but it's so terrible and sad that nothing I can say or do will change their minds.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #1138 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Yesterday I was driving on a somewhat busy side street. By somewhat I mean there are no lines on the road, but I would never let my kids ride a bike on it. Well this man was riding a bike and a car hit him. Not hard enough to throw him from the bike, but the guy jumped off. The bike guy was yelling at the man, so he seemed okay. The man just drove off, didn't even stop. Well, he wasn't a man he was more a boy. A teenager on a phone. Tsk. Well I slowed down, but I didn't stop. I drove maybe MAYBE 15 feet, turned the car around and pulled over to check on the guy on the bike. I mean, I KNEW that was the roght thing to do. I felt horrible I was going to drive away. So I pull over, but he is already back on his back. I yell out my window because he had on headphone 'are you okay?' and he just glared at me and rode really fast away... what? WHAT? That is why so many people don't do the right thing. It made me want to cry, and I don't even know why.. I felt guilty, I was mad.. I dont know.
But geeze, clearly I was checking on him. He could have atleast nodded his head. Or not glared.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #1139 
nochoramet

I think you did the right thing Cass, that was very mature of you. And your parent's punishment is perfect. I see nothing wrong with disciplining your kid when they have done something wrong, it's called loving them and wanting them to do the right things and not be stupid!

I slammed my forehead into the top of my car door as I was getting in (I was busy staring at this sexy Camaro beside me xD) so now I have a headache, and probably a bruise forming. Yay!
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #1140 
Cassandra90

Thank you :) I think the punishment is fine too. Just can't believe she was that dumb.

Tags
bettathanyou