Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #11421 
Bambi

Mini-rant of the day.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.
Wasn't anyone els raised this way? I'm sick of seeing people making assumptions and jumping down someone's throat based on them when they don't know the person or their intentions. if someone says they're not going to fight their fish, take them at there word. Having 12 people say "fighting is bad and you're bad" over and over again does nothing to help ANYONE. When someone ask a question about breeding don't assume they know nothing. Usually they've already done alot of research and know what they need. As there are different way of breeding, aswell, it also bothers me when someone is all "you're doing it wrong".
Oh..and the tank size debate...don't even get me started. I HATE when someone gets all uppity about how someone's nice, warm one gallon tank is "far to small and the minimum should be 2/2.5/5/whatever number they feel to put". It better then the small, dirty, cold cups they waste away in on the shelves in the stores.
Unless YOU want to send that person the supplies you demand they need, or the money for it, leave your insults to yourself.
Not to say you can't make a suggestion. I ALWAYS recommend a ten gallon if you have room. Why? Because they're CHEAPER then other tanks, can be divided for 2 or three bettas(or small sorority) and they're easy to heat/filter.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #11422 
dramaqueen
Banned

I was raised that way.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #11423 
fishman12

I go with 10 gallons. I just have to change the water and feed the fish. 1 fish per tank, 10 gallons each. plus tankmates= good setup, nice place.

But I see nothing wrong with having a 1 gallon that works. I see a problem below 1 gallon, and would reccomend higher than 1 gallon, but that just isn't possible for some people. A lot of sites say bettas are low mantenience but they aren't, and people think they can spend $20 and others say they need to spend $50 more. Money is tight these days...

Last edited by fishman12; 12-20-2011 at 06:29 PM.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #11424 
AngesRadieux

I'M NOT A MIND READER! Geeze! Earlier today, my mom asked me to help her clean the house. So I close my laptop. Then she tells me I don't have to stop what I'm doing at the moment. So I pick up my laptop, walk over to the couch, and open my laptop again. If she had ASKED ME TO DO SOMETHING, like go dust the curio or vacuum, I would have done it. Then, as my parents are on their way out, my dad snaps at me, telling me I need to help clean the house without complaint. I get all upset because I have no idea why he's snapping at me because I DIDN'T complain, but they leave before I can ask why he's mad at me.

Now I hear my mom talking to my dad. I know she's ranting about either me or my sister, but I don't know who. And then she asks me why I ignored her when she asked for my help. When I ask her what she asked me to do, she gripes at me about how I closed my laptop and walked away from her and she apparently took that as me being mad at her and ignoring her. And then she just rolls her eyes at me when I say I was waiting for her to tell me what she needed me to do.

What does she expect? When I closed my laptop, I was expecting her to tell me to do something. Then she told me I didn't need to stop what I was doing at that moment, so I pick up my laptop and walk over to the couch and open it again, assuming that she'd tell me if she needed my help with something. HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT IN HER TWISTED MIND SHE WAS GOING TO INTERPRET A PERFECTLY SENSIBLE COURSE OF ACTION AS SOME KIND OF INSULT? I'M NOT A MIND READER! IF SHE WANTED ME TO DO SOMETHING SHE SHOULD HAVE SAID SO!

And she could have just believed me when I said I was waiting for her to ask me to do something. Is that really so unreasonable? I didn't complain when my dad asked me to go out and get something from the mall for him. Because he TOLD me what he wanted me to do! If my mom had just TOLD ME WHAT SHE WANTED ME TO DO I would have done it! If she wanted me to dust or move books or something SHE SHOULD HAVE SAID SO INSTEAD OF EXPECTING ME TO JUST READ HER MIND AND KNOW WHAT SHE WANTED!

And if "you don't have to stop what you're doing right now" actually meant "you don't have to but if you don't you're a terrible daughter" why couldn't she have just TOLD ME WHAT SHE WANTED THE FIRST TIME I CLOSED MY LAPTOP?

Silly me! I figured if she said that she meant that she didn't really need my help at that exact moment but was letting me know that I should expect her to ask for it later.

WHY IS EVERYTHING I DO WRONG? I'm almost sad that the semester's over because it means I'm home for an entire month. If I was allowed to have my cat with me and I didn't work near home I would just never come home.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:40 PM   #11425 
Oiseau

Tired of arthritis. So tired.
Oiseau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #11426 
fishman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngesRadieux View Post
I'M NOT A MIND READER! Geeze! Earlier today, my mom asked me to help her clean the house. So I close my laptop. Then she tells me I don't have to stop what I'm doing at the moment. So I pick up my laptop, walk over to the couch, and open my laptop again. If she had ASKED ME TO DO SOMETHING, like go dust the curio or vacuum, I would have done it. Then, as my parents are on their way out, my dad snaps at me, telling me I need to help clean the house without complaint. I get all upset because I have no idea why he's snapping at me because I DIDN'T complain, but they leave before I can ask why he's mad at me.

Now I hear my mom talking to my dad. I know she's ranting about either me or my sister, but I don't know who. And then she asks me why I ignored her when she asked for my help. When I ask her what she asked me to do, she gripes at me about how I closed my laptop and walked away from her and she apparently took that as me being mad at her and ignoring her. And then she just rolls her eyes at me when I say I was waiting for her to tell me what she needed me to do.

What does she expect? When I closed my laptop, I was expecting her to tell me to do something. Then she told me I didn't need to stop what I was doing at that moment, so I pick up my laptop and walk over to the couch and open it again, assuming that she'd tell me if she needed my help with something. HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT IN HER TWISTED MIND SHE WAS GOING TO INTERPRET A PERFECTLY SENSIBLE COURSE OF ACTION AS SOME KIND OF INSULT? I'M NOT A MIND READER! IF SHE WANTED ME TO DO SOMETHING SHE SHOULD HAVE SAID SO!

And she could have just believed me when I said I was waiting for her to ask me to do something. Is that really so unreasonable? I didn't complain when my dad asked me to go out and get something from the mall for him. Because he TOLD me what he wanted me to do! If my mom had just TOLD ME WHAT SHE WANTED ME TO DO I would have done it! If she wanted me to dust or move books or something SHE SHOULD HAVE SAID SO INSTEAD OF EXPECTING ME TO JUST READ HER MIND AND KNOW WHAT SHE WANTED!

And if "you don't have to stop what you're doing right now" actually meant "you don't have to but if you don't you're a terrible daughter" why couldn't she have just TOLD ME WHAT SHE WANTED THE FIRST TIME I CLOSED MY LAPTOP?

Silly me! I figured if she said that she meant that she didn't really need my help at that exact moment but was letting me know that I should expect her to ask for it later.

WHY IS EVERYTHING I DO WRONG? I'm almost sad that the semester's over because it means I'm home for an entire month. If I was allowed to have my cat with me and I didn't work near home I would just never come home.
That stinks. You could have said "Ok, mom. What would you like me to do?" or after you had been on your laptop for a while longer. "Mom? You still want me to clean the house? What would you like me to do?"
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #11427 
dramaqueen
Banned

My mom does that. She'll say I need to do something then when I get up to do it she says oh, you don't need to do it right now. But if it doesn't get done, she'll continue to harp until it is.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #11428 
Bombalurina

I know I'm always ranting about fish being so expensive in Australia, but why do they have to be so darn cheap at the aquarium society meetings?!?! I'm an addict! I can't stop!! People should not be allowed to offer me such things at such prices!
And no, there is no happy middle ground. Whatever price fish are, I'm going to whinge.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:43 PM   #11429 
Pataflafla

Today I learned that one of my cousins on my father's side was keeping his mother's ashes in a storage unit. And that storage unit, should he not pay $90 to keep it, is going to be auctioned off. And that all of the things he took from his mother's house is still in said storage unit.

It's completely infuriating to know that once again my aunt's children have absolutely no respect for her even in death. Her final wish was for her ashes to be spread in Hawaii. Her children were made aware of this soon after her death last August and even insisted upon carrying this out. They were given $100 grand by their mother so they could do this. Instead, all of that money was spent on buying a house they soon abandoned and drugs.

These are also the cousins that ruined Thanksgiving last year by having their mother's memorial the day afterwards (The Thanksgiving before was when my grandfather and aunt were still alive), thus bringing everything back up. My aunt's son couldn't even be bothered to say anything at his own mother's funeral and her eulogy by her daughter focused on her daughter instead of her.

These are the cousins that feuded with their mother over money for almost my entire life and then deny it when confronted about it. These are the cousins that drove their mother to attempt suicide, and then blamed my father for it. These are the cousins that still blame their mother's death on my father, who tried to help her through her addictions, but wouldn't force her into rehab.

Sometimes I really do hate family, and sometimes I really do believe there are people that cannot be forgiven.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:47 AM   #11430 
Arashi Takamine

Yesterday someone close to me caused me to wind up a sobbing mess in the middle of Woodmans all over a stupid thing and she never thought maybe she was yelling at me all day that I would snap eventually.

I got a Christmas present early as an apology but..My feelings are still a little hurt. Just remembering it makes me remember how dark my thoughts were before my melt down. I don't like that and I wound up fighting for five minutes to stop crying. I felt so awful I thought I would throw up and recalling it...I still feel hurt sort of...A little bit but still...
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote