Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #11521 
erinandares

Those poor babies. :c

My new fish won't move. He thinks he's a statue. This is getting old. I also have to find employment by february or face becoming a hobo. Which wouldn't be so bad if I had a car. But I don't. I might get a job at the Wal Mart gas station, if I can just come up with three references. Being a social reject sucks when you start having to come up with job references. God, my glamorous life. >.>
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #11522 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hope everything works out for you, Erin.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #11523 
erinandares

Thanks... I'm sure it will, by the time the first rolls around, but it's a pain right now. It's not getting the job I'm mad at, it's the impossibility of it. I don't think my dad really understands how hard it is to just find a simple, minimum wage job around here because he got straight out of the army and went to do his same job as a civilian. He's never had to look for just a job to bring in money. And all the thirty year olds who graduated college five years ago came back and took all the jobs people getting out of high school need. It's very frustrating.
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #11524 
gossipgirl1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Wait, whaaaaat? I know Hugh Jackman is playing Jean Valjean but whaaaaaaat? What's wrong with Lea Salonga as Eponine? She played her for years . . . oh please don't tell me that Jonas kid is playing Marius again. I understand Michael Ball is too old for the role now but there's got to be someone better than the Jonas kid.

And a note on the Hugh Jackman thing. I seriously love the dude, I think he is a born song and dance man of the highest quality. But no one, not even Hugh, can sing "Bring Him Home" like Colm Wilkinson.

Now for my rant:
My mom is sick. What does she do? Allows herself to be talked into having two guests over for dinner. The girl is a college-age kid whom we've known for a while. At first I liked her, but once she got into college she changed and became very shallow, selfish, and materialistic and I think she uses us for free meals (she's never paid for even just herself). She comes from a poor family with a single mother so in the past, we've really helped her out a lot, bought her a Macbook when she went to college, my dad spent months finding her a cheap used car, her boyfriend has stayed with us . . . I love her mom and her sister but the girl herself drives me nuts. When she comes to visit, she stays forever! Mom, seriously, you're sick. What were you thinking???? *facepalm*

Aaaand there's the doorbell. *pastes on fake smile*
My mom is the same way with my sister. I love her because she's my sister and all, but seriously, she's had 2 kids by 2 different guys, isn't married (not judging anyone on that-she just doesn't think things through & everyone has a different situation) and can't pay for anything other than her cigarettes. She does work, but my mom gives her free use of the credit card and we have the boys all the time. I LOVE my nephews so much & I'm happy that they are with me instead of her at times, but she's going to be 28. She needs to get her act together soon, if not for herself, but for her kids.
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #11525 
AngesRadieux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Wait, whaaaaat? I know Hugh Jackman is playing Jean Valjean but whaaaaaaat? What's wrong with Lea Salonga as Eponine? She played her for years . . . oh please don't tell me that Jonas kid is playing Marius again. I understand Michael Ball is too old for the role now but there's got to be someone better than the Jonas kid.

And a note on the Hugh Jackman thing. I seriously love the dude, I think he is a born song and dance man of the highest quality. But no one, not even Hugh, can sing "Bring Him Home" like Colm Wilkinson.

Now for my rant:
My mom is sick. What does she do? Allows herself to be talked into having two guests over for dinner. The girl is a college-age kid whom we've known for a while. At first I liked her, but once she got into college she changed and became very shallow, selfish, and materialistic and I think she uses us for free meals (she's never paid for even just herself). She comes from a poor family with a single mother so in the past, we've really helped her out a lot, bought her a Macbook when she went to college, my dad spent months finding her a cheap used car, her boyfriend has stayed with us . . . I love her mom and her sister but the girl herself drives me nuts. When she comes to visit, she stays forever! Mom, seriously, you're sick. What were you thinking???? *facepalm*

Aaaand there's the doorbell. *pastes on fake smile*
And Anne Hathaway is going to be Fantine. How atrocious is that?! I have to say, I wasn't a fan of Michael Ball as Marius, but I'm sure whoever they chose for him is going to be much worse... If it's whoever sang in in the 20th (or was it 25th?) anniversary concert, he was much weaker than Michael Ball. Lea Salonga would have been the MUCH better choice, but I think Taylor Swift is just a bigger name right now. But, still! I'm sure there's some big name singer who could've done so much better. She might be a little old to play the role, but I think Natalie Toro would do well as Eponine... But I guess she's not as well known as Taylor Swift, either... So even though almost NONE of these cast members are even CLOSE to being qualified for these rolls, they've been cast just because they're famous. And I know Michael Maguire gave up singing, but I really wish the could have persuaded him to be Enjolras. I don't think anyone else will ever do it for me in that role. This is the 2nd production of Les Mis that'll be ruined by casting big names rather than good voices. I saw it at the Paper Mill Playhouse a while ago and the cast was just awful because they'd picked people from television shows and such who just couldn't handle the production.

I'm sorry your friend's taking advantage of you like that. People like that just suck. :/ And I hope your mom feels better soon.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #11526 
Scruffy Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinandares View Post
Thanks... I'm sure it will, by the time the first rolls around, but it's a pain right now. It's not getting the job I'm mad at, it's the impossibility of it. I don't think my dad really understands how hard it is to just find a simple, minimum wage job around here because he got straight out of the army and went to do his same job as a civilian. He's never had to look for just a job to bring in money. And all the thirty year olds who graduated college five years ago came back and took all the jobs people getting out of high school need. It's very frustrating.
Finding a job is tough. I can sympathize; I was out of work for four months before I got my job at Walmart. My best advice to you is don't let any kind of pride get in the way. If you can get a job flipping burgers at McDonald's, take it without question (as a sidenote, it's not a bad job; sure, you get crap from customers and the work is decidedly unfulfilling, but with McDonald's, you get tuition reimbursement as well as medical/dental benefits and a retirement plan).
Scruffy Nerfherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #11527 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's hard to find a job in this economy.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #11528 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngesRadieux View Post
And Anne Hathaway is going to be Fantine. How atrocious is that?! I have to say, I wasn't a fan of Michael Ball as Marius, but I'm sure whoever they chose for him is going to be much worse... If it's whoever sang in in the 20th (or was it 25th?) anniversary concert, he was much weaker than Michael Ball. Lea Salonga would have been the MUCH better choice, but I think Taylor Swift is just a bigger name right now. But, still! I'm sure there's some big name singer who could've done so much better. She might be a little old to play the role, but I think Natalie Toro would do well as Eponine... But I guess she's not as well known as Taylor Swift, either... So even though almost NONE of these cast members are even CLOSE to being qualified for these rolls, they've been cast just because they're famous. And I know Michael Maguire gave up singing, but I really wish the could have persuaded him to be Enjolras. I don't think anyone else will ever do it for me in that role. This is the 2nd production of Les Mis that'll be ruined by casting big names rather than good voices. I saw it at the Paper Mill Playhouse a while ago and the cast was just awful because they'd picked people from television shows and such who just couldn't handle the production.

I'm sorry your friend's taking advantage of you like that. People like that just suck. :/ And I hope your mom feels better soon.
The 10th anniversary concert CANNOT be beat. It was called the dream cast for a good reason. :)

But honestly, I can't believe these are the people they picked for this musical. This isn't like Mamma Mia. Anyone can sing ABBA (although not everyone can sing it WELL). This is bona fide Broadway with belting and all. And I strongly dislike Taylor Swift under the best of circumstances. To imagine her trying to do Broadway makes me seriously want to throw something. Like a dart. At her face.

I always thought it was such a shame Michael Maguire gave up singing. I mean, why waste a voice like that? *sobs*

So basically, of the people they're casting in the movie version of Les Mis, only two of them have ever been on Broadway. Hugh Jackman and Nick Jonas. And only one of the two actually succeeded on Broadway and you can't bet your sweet bippy it wasn't Nick Jonas.

Hugh, I'm debating if even your splendid voice is worth watching this production. . . . gagh. I choked through all the Meg Ryan scenes of Kate and Leopold just to see you, I can choke through this.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:08 AM   #11529 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipgirl1031 View Post
My mom is the same way with my sister. I love her because she's my sister and all, but seriously, she's had 2 kids by 2 different guys, isn't married (not judging anyone on that-she just doesn't think things through & everyone has a different situation) and can't pay for anything other than her cigarettes. She does work, but my mom gives her free use of the credit card and we have the boys all the time. I LOVE my nephews so much & I'm happy that they are with me instead of her at times, but she's going to be 28. She needs to get her act together soon, if not for herself, but for her kids.

I understand what that is like, my sister is 3 years younger then i am, same amount of children as myself but they are with their father except for her youngest boy who is being raised by our cousin. She has had a series of bfs in the past 5 years since she left her husband, and all have been chronic alcoholics so she is drinking alot as well. She get frustrated with her kids easily when she has just the four which in turn causes her to drink. She grossly abused our younger sister when they lived together by leaving her kids with our sister sometimes saying she had a meeting to go to and sometimes just leaving without a word, and our younger sister had to give her money for rent, utilities, and would be left with nothing so she couldnt go and buy herself something nice or something she may have really needed. Afew times I had to give her some of my clothes because she didnt have any money to buy any. I also on occasion took hamburger, pasta and veggies over and would cook for everyone because they didnt have much. I really dont understand why ... why... she had nearly lost her only daughter to the rota-virus when she was only 9months and during the time she was at the children' hospital my sister rarely stayed at her daughter's bedside, both her and her husband were out shopping and wandering around van. while nurses would cuddle my niece and make sure she had someone with her. Then when she had gotten better and was supposed to leave, they couldnt pay for her medication meanwhile hours before her husband was showing off new dvds, a portable dvd player, and brand new clothing they had bought. Sometimes I wonder if we are truly related
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #11530 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's amazing how some people can;t pay their bills, rent, etc but they've got the money for cigarettes, booze, dvd players, have their nails done, etc.