BettaHeart

one day those who dislike, hate, despise kids will one day have them

rant : dad ate all his babies
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #11582 
BeautifulBetta

Aww :( dads are evil sometimes.

Speaking of evil dads..
so today, our idiot greyhound got out and started running down the road, dad had to go find her. He was super angry because she wasn't listening at all. Eventually he caught her and brought her home, didn't even wanna look at her or anything. (Swear he was ready to take her back to the rescue because she's been so stupid lately.)
So a while later, she was napping down the hall and my guess was that she just laid on her leg wrong or it was asleep, and she went to stand up and she started SCREAMING. Dad came running upstairs like the world was ending, and when the dog got close to the cat (who was freaked out because of the dog yelping), the cat hissed and dad got all defensive and shoved my cat with a pillow. Oh boy. No one touches my cat, so I SCREAMED at him to leave her the $%^^ alone, because she didn't do anything, his dog is just a ditz. He thinks I was giving him attitude and stormed outta the house and went for a drive. Smart one. I want this dog gone..Now.
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #11583 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Aww :( dads are evil sometimes.

Speaking of evil dads..
so today, our idiot greyhound got out and started running down the road, dad had to go find her. He was super angry because she wasn't listening at all. Eventually he caught her and brought her home, didn't even wanna look at her or anything. (Swear he was ready to take her back to the rescue because she's been so stupid lately.)
So a while later, she was napping down the hall and my guess was that she just laid on her leg wrong or it was asleep, and she went to stand up and she started SCREAMING. Dad came running upstairs like the world was ending, and when the dog got close to the cat (who was freaked out because of the dog yelping), the cat hissed and dad got all defensive and shoved my cat with a pillow. Oh boy. No one touches my cat, so I SCREAMED at him to leave her the $%^^ alone, because she didn't do anything, his dog is just a ditz. He thinks I was giving him attitude and stormed outta the house and went for a drive. Smart one. I want this dog gone..Now.
you should give the dog back so owners who will actually love her and not only teach her but also watch and learn about who she is and not view her in a narrow frame of mind. We had to give our old man Geronimo to the shelter because after 16 years he was just starting to act like well an old man, a grumpy old man. Good thing we were able to keep acouple of his pups.

and I really had high hopes for this spawn too
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #11584 
Sakura8

Wow, BeautifulBetta. Sounds like this greyhound may be a little too hyper for her own good. And I totally understand about being protective of your cat.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #11585 
BeautifulBetta

Maybe its the cat person talking but holy...yeah no one touches my cat. The dog is like, two or three I think and is very young still. She could easily adapt so a different home. I doubt we'll give her back but I honestly don't trust her around my baby when she's born. It scares the crap outta me. We had another greyhound a few years ago, we had him from when he was 2 till he was 9, he wasn't nearly as ridiculous as this one is. Gah..I prefer small dogs, or no dogs. Cats win!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #11586 
BeautifulBetta

And fish! Fish are excellent. Lol <3
Old 01-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #11587 
Sakura8

Greyhounds are very hyper and high-strung dogs and they need watching around small animals or children. They've been bred to have instincts that say "Chase small objects that move!" That's what their job, to chase and flush out small animals for hunters.

Has the new greyhound gone through training? She might need to have the "Leave it" command drilled into her.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #11588 
BeautifulBetta

Yeah our first dog had moments of hyper-ness but he was the laziest bum ever lol. Greyhounds are actually some of the laziest dogs I've ever seen. They sleep a lot of the day and have random bursts of energy in the yard, get tired, then go back to their beds. Strider (the old one), would sometimes snarl and bark at small dogs like ****zhu's, but only black ones for some reason. Otherwise he was fine with cats and such. Bree (the new one) has had basic training, she can walk on a lead reasonably well, but we're under a contract that says we cannot let her off leash unless she's in a fenced in area. Shes okay with the cats too, but she definitely needs other training, dad doesn't think so however..Stubborn fathers!!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #11589 
Sakura8

Yeah, dads can be that way. >.<

Haha, that's interesting about greyhounds. I never knew they could be lazy! The ones I've seen were always "GO GO GO!" Although maybe they were just excited by new people.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #11590 
BeautifulBetta

Quite possibly they were just all stoked on people lol. We went to a greyhound meet a few years ago, and it was the weirdest dog-meet ever. Almost all the greyhounds were laying down, and there was only one barking on occasion. It was kinda like, wait, are we sure these are dogs and not funny-looking cats?? lol

Tags
bettathanyou