Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2012, 01:18 AM   #11781 
Sena Hansler

I speak random German don't ask where it comes from I have no clue.

-rant- HOW CAN PEOPLE LET ANIMALS GET THIS BAD? NOT kidding! to have a guinea pigs BONES STICK OUT and her to be squealing in pain because her bones are sensitive and she probably lack vitamin C, she was relieved to actually get a bath for once she could get bumblefoot, UTI, URI, and eats and drinks like she has been starved to death YEAH allergies my ass they probably didn't want them anymore and neglected the poor babies and GAAAHHHHH >:( She is 1.4 pounds ONE POINT FOUR!!! she should be OVER 2 pounds!! what are people thinking? buy an animal, discard, buy something new?!!

-end rant-
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:55 AM   #11782 
Bombalurina

Ich spreche Deutsch auch!

Send the poor baby to me, I'll make her fat! And give those people a piece of my mind whilst I'm at it. >:(
Seriously, though, I do seem to make my animals fat, and I can't seem to help it. Hyde, my heaviest rat, was 815 grams before old age caused him to lose some weight, and he's still no lightweight. I babysat a friend's girl rats, and they gained 15 grams each...in 10 days. :( I'm such a fat-maker!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #11783 
Sena Hansler

do you spoil your babies? :3 well, apparently ("apparently") my guineas are "perfect weight.
bull. yeah it's okay to feel a SMALL little ITTY bitty part of their ribs, usually you can... but not to a point you can basically grab their spine, or feel how deep their hip bones go, or count their ribs with each defined ridge x.x

I wonder how much they should weigh? o.o 1.4 is too low (night weighing amount... today I will weigh her and she will be less because there won't be as much water weight, and less food weight) and 1.9 sounds "okay"... But don't long haired guineas usually weigh 3 pounds, especially since they have tons of fur? o.o I'm trying to find out how much they should weigh... but I keep getting "ya feeling ribs is normal" or "don't feed too much they get fat"

....I...want....a....number >:(
Old 01-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #11784 
Pitluvs

Je parle un petit peu de francais! But being from Atlantic Canada, I had the oppertunity to have 90% of my schooling in French. I'm actually bilingual but I'm just lazy and prefer to use common English lol

I don't have a rant today, I'm just content with everything and the forum :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #11785 
Sena Hansler

Lol they made me take French from grade 2-7. Grade 8 they introduced German, Japanese, or yes, French. I prefered German :3 I had zero interest for French... which is the problem lol. If I am not interested I won't learn it very well.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #11786 
mjoy79

Haven't posted in this thread in awhile. But I'm here today. Have to vent. My power was cut off this morning. I was actually in the middle of feeding my fish, preparing to get ready for work. I admit I was 1 month late on paying my bill. But I never saw a disconnect notice and my next bill was to be due 1/30. I can see if I missed that payment too and ignored an actual disconnect notice. But I didn't! So my power is supposed to be turned back on today at some point before midnight. SIGH. I just hope the bettas in the smaller tanks (3 gallons) don't get too cold before that happens. I'm thinking the 10-15 G tanks are better off. So frustrated. Mostly with myself for assuming my bill was on autopayment. (I could have sworn I signed up when I moved into my apartment in July!). Going home at lunch to wrap blankets around those smaller tanks. GRR
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #11787 
Sena Hansler

That's what I am worried about because epcor (water service) decided to say "pull 200 for deposit out of you....hat.... or else". well heck with them I'm getting auto-withdrawl which I swear I'm going to feel paranoid because I don't know if they'll actually set it up especially before WEDNESDAY x.x I got my notice late! so it gave me no time to get down to ciy hall because apparently on saturdays they are closed. and sundays on their "schedule" doesn't exist
Old 01-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #11788 
mjoy79

Also I hope I dont have an issue when filters/lights/heaters for 10 fishtanks get turned on all at once
Old 01-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #11789 
Sena Hansler

O_O I'd turn them off personally xD just to avoid...erm...lots... half my filters empty themselves of the water when I turn them off. imagine all of them turning on and then running around filling them so the filter doesn't die x.x
Old 01-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #11790 
mjoy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
O_O I'd turn them off personally xD just to avoid...erm...lots... half my filters empty themselves of the water when I turn them off. imagine all of them turning on and then running around filling them so the filter doesn't die x.x
yah. If power is still off when I go home for lunch soon, I'll turn all the filters off. thanks
I was in such a rush this morning, kinda disoriented in the dark, etc that i didn't take care of tank stuff before leaving.

Tags
bettathanyou