Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #11791 
Sena Hansler

lol I know what you mean. When I am home for power outages, I turn all the power bars off, and turn lights to the off position.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #11792 
Sena Hansler

I'm going to continue to rant.
I had my guineas on the floor, with the cage top ontop (so they wouldn't wander xD) while I cleaned the fleece piece I use for them. I came back with it, and refilled their water, put them back in their cleaned cage, and noticed a pinkish tinge to urine on the floor... THREE GUESSES WHO. (Creature). There's no squeaking during peeing, but obsessive amounts of water being drank, pink tinged pee.... SOME PEOPLE >:(
So far: Underweight, possible lack of Vitamin C, Possible ovarian cysts, possible UTI, possible pregnancy, possible internal mites, hopefully bumblefoot doesn't appear though I have treated her foot with epsom salt baths -eye twitch-
Old 01-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #11793 
dew

Poor babes.:( have you taken them to the vet yet?
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #11794 
Sena Hansler

Not yet. I'm calling them again today >:( Allergies my hind end... poor Creature... If she is in worse condition than what I can see/feel... chances are that neglect has doomed her to euthanasia... but I'm going to try getting her better anyways. Panda is "alright", just the weight is bad. Creature just has a line of problems... I wanna weigh them this morning before I feed them, to get a better weight than I did last night. They did very well holding still

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-23-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #11795 
dew

Some people can be soooo evil! How do you NOT do anything when the problems are right in front of you!!
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #11796 
Sena Hansler

Yeah!! The cage.. they put new stuff in, on a garbage bag liner (which is fine) before I got them. I pulled it up. CAKED. just CAKED with fecal matter. you know what. I might not be able to see her bones (because of the fur) but I might sketch out what I feel when I touch her, and then post it. to show this is what neglect causes... neglect is CRUELTY >:(
Old 01-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #11797 
FinneyFin

My roommates make fun of me because I keep a filter and heater in my betta's tank and they do not. "It's just a fish" they say. Do some research!!! ughh
FinneyFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #11798 
Sena Hansler

Sure. and they are just monkeys. >.> sorry lol silly comments about fish deserve silly replies about people.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #11799 
gossipgirl1031

Neglect is cruelty for sure! Hopefully they are okay. It's hard to have special needs pets. And Jack is special needs just because he was born that way (thankfully not due to cruelty). He has problems with his kidneys, bladder & urinary tract. We deal with UTIs a lot around here, even when everything is otherwise perfect. Good luck!
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #11800 
Sena Hansler

Panda is lucky, Creature is critical. She could die basically anytime. kidney failure, to be confirmed 100% wednesday, and the vet even said kidney failure, over UTI, or stones. I'm stuck between mad and depressed... On that note...

-rants- people need to do their freaking research
know how hard it is to do some freaking research?!! OPEN browser GOOGLE.com WHAT DO I NEED then press ENTER TAH DAH not magic, look at 10 sites even forums, vet sites whatever, and actually do the bloody research instead of sitting there picking their noses thinking they can have some FAD PET that'll keep them entertained for 10 days then they'll sell it to a GLUE FACTORY and get ANOTHER fad pet just to repeat the vicious cycle without any thought about if the animal ACTUALLY HAS FEELINGS or that the animal's life could POSSIBLY be MORE or of EQUAL importance than the nose picking jerks who think owning an EASY pet is ACTUALLY easy considering they believe MEDIA AND PET STORES

-takes a deep breath- whew.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 01-23-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Tags
bettathanyou