Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #11831 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
My mistake! I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were a Brit. *hugs* You are right, sunburns are nothing to laugh at. I'm sorry if you thought I was making fun of you. Forgive me? I should have been more sensitive. My brother sunburns just like you and since my dad's side of the family has a history of skin cancer/problems, he has to be very careful. My aunt actually died of skin cancer. I wasn't thinking. If you read my posts a lot, you'll notice thinking isn't one of my best occupations. :P
I'm so sorry, Sakura, I didn't mean to make you feel guilty! I was just being silly! Blast you internet, convey my fake-sulks properly!

Hedgehog, that absolutely sucks. :( *hugs* from everyone here.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #11832 
Sakura8

*hugs* Aww, I'm happy I didn't make you mad. The internet is very good at miscommunication, which is ironic for such an advanced communication tool. :) But seriously, I do hope your sunburns heal quickly Burns really are uncomfortable. And then there's that lovely peeling and flaking afterward . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
Thanks Sakura. It's been really rough.
Thanks for letting me rant Sakura. I see you on other threads and you're always so nice. Maybe I'll have to venture into the coffeehouse chat and make some new friends.
You can rant any time you need to, hedgehog. Things just sound so bad for you right now. :( I wish I could help you but the best I can do is send my best happy thoughts your way and let you know you have friends who believe in you here on the forum. And yes, vet school will mean you won't be able to move out but at the same time, it will hopefully keep you so busy that you rarely need to be home anyway. And then you can go on to become a successful vet while your brother and his girlfriend get high and waste their lives. Then you can have the last laugh on them and your family.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #11833 
Bombalurina

This: http://www.allclassifieds.com.au/ac/...?cid=123254312

*weeps*
Old 01-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #11834 
Bombalurina

Oh gosh, and this: http://www.allclassifieds.com.au/ac/...?cid=123254101!

I don't normally see nearly so much idiocy on that site, but today is obviously not a good day for fish. :(
Old 01-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #11835 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
So that's less than 1.5 gallons for a goldfish? Poor fishie. Are fish tanks usually that expensive in Australia? $60 seems crazy for a 1.5 gallon tank that's been used. I had the same problem with my kittens but I figured out the magic of tin foil .
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #11836 
HatsuneMiku

since the exchange rate is slightly different each day ..

60 AUD .. is actually 64 USD using todays exchange rate ..

and 5L is only 1.3 gallons
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:56 AM   #11837 
Bombalurina

Fishtanks are pretty expensive (a new 5 gallon by Australia's top brand, AquaOne, is about $100 in most petshops), but that is waaay overpriced. I really hope she can't sell it and just trashes the damn thing. I was tempted to buy it to take it out of the hands of people who won't know better, but not for $60.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #11838 
Sakura8

One of the pages of my cat-a-day calendar had two lovely kitties sitting looking into what appeared to be a gallon fishbowl filled with two goldfish, a rosy minnow, and a platy. Unfiltered. I wanted to promptly write the owner of the cats and say "Stick with cats, your fish are goners."
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #11839 
erinandares

Wow. :/ People never cease to find new ways to look stupid, do they...? So I think I'll have to take up a second job in addition to this one. The pay may be good for my age, but the hours are terrible. I did the math, and it comes out to $425 a month before taxes. >.> I was talking to my dad and we thought maybe I could swing a stocking job at WalMart that started after the Nielsen job ended at night. Because less than $400 a month is not going to cut it for insurance and then cost of living and then money for myself. Le sigh. For now, though, I have to take this one because no others have spoken up, yet. I'm going to apply to WalMart and see what happens probably tomorrow evening. Maybe I can just get hired there without having to go to Nielsen...?
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #11840 
Creat

sorry erinandares :( jobs are icky I hope you can find a better one you like
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou