Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #11861 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Well, the vet told me to bring Hyde in tomorrow and leave him there for the day so she can sedate him and do a biopsy. Fingers crossed it all goes well. I am a bit worried - I've never not had my boys with me and I feel so guilty leaving him. :(
I hope he's ok :( Keep us posted.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #11862 
Bombalurina

Thanks, guys. :)
On that note...taking ratty urine samples is not my favourite way to spend time. :p
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #11863 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hope Hyde is going to be ok.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:11 AM   #11864 
Bombalurina

Well, the results aren't back yet but he did very well today and the vet is hopeful that it is simply a fatty lump. On the downside, he may have a degenerative kidney problem, but he's an old man, so it's to be expected, and the condition is manageable. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:16 AM   #11865 
Pitluvs

Awwe poor dude :( I hate when their little bodies start to fail them. I have one that's getting up there in age, my Bobby. Hope for the best for Hyde! ((hugs))

My rant: I got my feral foster cat yesterday and she managed to get into the ceiling of my basement tonight... so now I have to tear the jiprock off my ceiling and get her, then put it all back up new and paint. What the heck did I get myself into? I'll never sleep tonight.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:35 AM   #11866 
Sakura8

How on earth did she manage that? Wow. You never know with cats. Can she make it back out by herself if you just leave food on the ground?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:39 PM   #11867 
gossipgirl1031

I hope everything turns out to be okay Bombalurina!

Pitluvs-good luck with the new foster! I took in a feral cat once and it was challenging, but so worth it when he began to trust me. He wound up being a permanent fixture in my home for 10 years until I had to put him down. Great cat!

And Sakura-I LOVE your new avatar! Kitty's backside reminds me of Jack! Very cute with the fish tanks!
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:27 PM   #11868 
Sakura8

Rant: Aaaaargh!

I was at Wal-Mart and of course, I checked out the bettas. And to my horror, I found three of them in these:
Name:  3Fish.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  30.9 KB
Those are 3 tiny Gladware containers, probably the smallest size they make. And there are no air holes. I was so mad. I took them to customer service and said they needed to at least have air holes cut in the lids but the lady said, and I quote, "It's not my job." I said I would do it if she'd give me scissors. She said, and I quote, "It's not my job. It's not your job." She pried the lids off and set them on again loosely and said she'd leave them there for the pet department to deal with. She asked why I didn't bring the matter up to anyone in the pet deparment. I said there's never anyone there. I'm going back tomorrow to see if they did indeed cut air holes in the lids. If not, my dad is taking a box cutter and we'll do it ourselves. But I'm just so mad! They were lively and fairly healthy boys, too, because it was a new shipment. It looks like what happened is they ran out of betta cups and just stuffed them in the Gladwares. It would have taken two minutes to just cut a hole in each lid. I wasn't even demanding they put the fish in a bigger Gladware, just that they could breathe! Oh how I wish Wal-Mart would stop selling fish! One was dark brown/red, one was mustard gas, and the third was red.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:56 PM   #11869 
dramaqueen
Banned

Talk about stupid! Would it do any good to contact coorporate?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:46 AM   #11870 
Sakura8

I'm not sure. Given the nature of corporate, I doubt it but I might try anyway. Psst, my dad doesn't know but I changed my mind. If they're still there tomorrow, I'm gonna buy 'em. Don't know where I'll put them, though. Looks like the time has finally come to place tanks on the bathroom floor (only other place with an available outlet and there are already two tanks on the counter).

Tags
bettathanyou