Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #11881 
kfryman

Ugh I HATE how animals that are meant for human consumption are treated so bad. How could you force feed a duck to make it have a bigger liver so you can make foie gras? HOW???
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #11882 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
How on earth did she manage that? Wow. You never know with cats. Can she make it back out by herself if you just leave food on the ground?
Well, in my bathroom there is a cubby hole area where the water pipes are and the water meter. My latest rescue, Jenna, used it as a spot to unwind until she wasn't scared of us. I ended up taking the feral cat, Chassis, into this bathroom and noticed she wouldn't come out. So we found out she was stuck in the walls, so we pulled the wall apart to get her out. She got scared, jumped the wall inside the cubby hole and got up into the ceiling! She didn't come down though, so I got the rescue ladies boyfriend to come over and cut holes in the ceiling until we found her. He got her down, into the crate and back into the sealed off bathroom. NO MORE CUBBY HOLE! She's safe now, and he put the walls back together. I put a picture up :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipgirl1031 View Post
I hope everything turns out to be okay Bombalurina!

Pitluvs-good luck with the new foster! I took in a feral cat once and it was challenging, but so worth it when he began to trust me. He wound up being a permanent fixture in my home for 10 years until I had to put him down. Great cat!
This one was born outside, she's about 3-4 years old. Severe URI and we're taking her into the vet tomorrow for testing. I am praying she's not FeLuk positive :( We can handle FIV, but FeLuk will mean she will have to cross the bridge. It's going to be a very hard day tomorrow. But on a good note, after three day she's finally ate, drank and used the litter. She even let me pet her sides today. She's a savage cat though!! Here's her yesterday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
On the plus side, Hyde's lump is just fatty tissue and the tests came back negative for degenerative kidney disease. He's on painkillers for his arthritis and that's it. :) Hopefully the lump won't grow so he won't need surgery.
Yay!! I am so happy to hear it's not a tumor <3

My rant? I want to take a cab to the vet appt tomorrow, but the rescue doesn't want me to. So they plastered it all over FB like I'm a charity case saying I needed a drive... urgh.
Attached Images

Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #11883 
hedgehog

I'm getting really fed up of my brother and his girlfriend taking my kittens and locking them in their room, especially with no food, water or litter box. Every time I ask for them back they say that they're family kittens. NO they're not. I adopted them and paid for all their vet bills. I feed them and clean their litterbox. Once you contribute something to them you can lay some claim to the kittens but not until then. Today they told my dad then that I should have to pay $1,000 to use the family car since I won't let them keep my semiferal nervous kittens in their room. I don't get the logic at all and I'm just tired of my family being mean to me and preventing me from seeing my kittens.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #11884 
SaylorKennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
I'm getting really fed up of my brother and his girlfriend taking my kittens and locking them in their room, especially with no food, water or litter box. Every time I ask for them back they say that they're family kittens. NO they're not. I adopted them and paid for all their vet bills. I feed them and clean their litterbox. Once you contribute something to them you can lay some claim to the kittens but not until then. Today they told my dad then that I should have to pay $1,000 to use the family car since I won't let them keep my semiferal nervous kittens in their room. I don't get the logic at all and I'm just tired of my family being mean to me and preventing me from seeing my kittens.
I know how you feel! I keep my cat out at my grandma's house which my grandma's boyfriend's daughter lives in the basement and she seriously takes my cat down there all the time. I mean she treats him well and all and my cat likes her cat, but c'mon...it's my cat I want to see him while I'm there. I've paid for all his bills and buy him plenty of toys to keep him entertained. I'm not there all the time due to school and work, but I do try to make it out there at least once or twice a week. Then when I do get there and go down to get my cat she gives me these nasty looks. And if I'm upstairs or whatever, she'll purposely leave the door to the basement open so he'll run down there because he's a very curious cat.
She told me to buy her the cat food that she feeds her cat because my cat eats it when he's down there too. I told her no and that she should just bring my cat upstairs when she feeds her cat. Besides...I already bought my cat some good quality holistic food, which is what he should be eating in the first place, not some junky food that's just what she can afford.

>.>
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #11885 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
That is just awful! Poor Hedgehog, and poor kittens. :( Mean family.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #11886 
Hanky

Pitluvs,,, Good luck today and give us an update
Hanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #11887 
Sakura8

Bombalurina, I'm glad Hyde doesn't have a tumor! Yay!

Pitluvs, good luck with your girl. Here's hoping she doesn't have FeLu.

Hedgehog, *hugs* I'm so sorry. Your poor kitties. Your dad didn't buy into that argument, I hope?

JimJam, all I can say is watch what you text so you don't get into major trouble with your folks and get grounded so you can't get onto the forum.

Silverfang, I hope you're able to find a good heater. Fluvals are expensive but so far the one I have has lasted nicely. 'Course, it's only be less than a year . . .

Kfry, I agree. I think the whole concept of foie gras is wrong, wrong, wrong.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #11888 
Bombalurina

Thanks Sena and Pitluvs. :) Hopefully he'll be happy and healthy for many months yet.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #11889 
Betta Slave

My head. It hurts like a $#@&*. >.> MUST. SLEEP. I hate insomnia...
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:25 AM   #11890 
Bombalurina

Ow ow OW! Do not get ammonia test kit reagent in open wounds.

Tags
bettathanyou