Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #11921 
Pitluvs

Rant: People, please re-size your photos to an appropriate size! I don't care how fancy your photos are or if I can see each individual scale on your fish. I can't see anything if the screen is blown up and all I can see is an eyeball. Please be considerate and re-size your pic! /endrant
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #11922 
Hanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Rant: People, please re-size your photos to an appropriate size! I don't care how fancy your photos are or if I can see each individual scale on your fish. I can't see anything if the screen is blown up and all I can see is an eyeball. Please be considerate and re-size your pic! /endrant

Just wondering how you made out the other day with your kitten and the FIV/FELUK tests?
Hanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:21 AM   #11923 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
XD Oh, but who doesn't want to scroll up and down and left and right to see each scale of the fish? And one large pic throws every post on the page out of whack, too.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #11924 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky View Post
Just wondering how you made out the other day with your kitten and the FIV/FELUK tests?
She had her injection of antibiotics for her URI, tested negative for FeLuk but tested positive for FIV. We'll take that, we plan to have her retested after she's over her URI though. She did well too! They had to pin her down for blood tests, but she never acted aggressive. Only scared out of her mind. She's about 3 or 4 years old and never came in contact with humans before. She's letting me pet her too. I am very pleased with the outcome, as the rescue owner was with me and we were prepared to let her go if she was FeLuk, FIV we can handle. Thanks for askin!!

And Sakura... on other forums you would be banned for not resizing your photos. I pitty those who cannot get anything more than dialup on this forum :(
Old 02-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #11925 
Sakura8

People still use dialup? Hmm, banned for not resizing photos . . . *gets out banhammer*

I'm so glad your kitty didn't have to be euthanized.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:49 AM   #11926 
Pitluvs

I am too, she's been through so much so far. It's nice that she'll have a chance at a good life :) And actually, there's places here that are still with dialup.. some only just got satalite internet.

Another rant.. I can't sleeeeeps!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:53 AM   #11927 
Sakura8

Out in the rural areas, probably. I think I stayed at a bed n breakfast that was too far out in the woods for cable or DSL. Or it would have cost a fortune to run a wire that far or something. I just remember it was the first time in years that I heard the dialup sound. Can't say I had missed it.

Someone would have ended up dead if my family had kept dialup. Between my mom loving to talk on the phone, me on the forum and amazon.com, and my dad needing the web for work, there would have been mayhem.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:54 AM   #11928 
Pitluvs

My Mom only got satellite internet 3 years ago... and her's is slower than my highspeed internet lol I had dial up until I moved out on my own in 2003 LOL
Old 02-06-2012, 02:01 AM   #11929 
HatsuneMiku

rant - i'm tired of people quoting .. linking .. and referring wiki .. as full fact of life like it's scripture or something .. wake up people .. wiki is written by people like YOU and ME that have a library card (or some other website) .. and decided to read a book (or read a post) .. then decided to post about what they read on a wiki site .. THEN cited the book (or a website) .. it's 2nd hand information that anyone can go and edit (if they find another book that has the exact opposite point that was originally made .. and edit it and re-cite a different source) .. and anyone can create a wiki page anyone can register and edit it .. that doesn't make the information on whateverprefixhere.WIKI.whateverfuffixhere.com gospel .. do your own research!! on multiple sources not just base your fact on what u read from wiki .. mmkthx .. /end rant

Last edited by HatsuneMiku; 02-06-2012 at 02:05 AM.
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:14 AM   #11930 
Sakura8

Once, after a team member on the San Francisco Giants baseball team had a couple of really great games that helped them get into the World Series, a bunch of fans got on his wiki page and substituted a pic of a well-known religious figure because he had played like a god.

And another time, when Sarah Palin drastically got her American history wrong, her supporters got onto wiki and rewrote the relevant entry to match what she had said.

Tags
bettathanyou