Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #12051 
yyankeeyankeefan

my rant for the day:

my son's cat went missing about two weeks ago, and my husband found him dead about 3 days ago. my son didn't seem to notice he wasn't here as he was pre-occupied with the fish, the day he notices his cat is gone (two days ago) just happens to be the day my son's fish roar also dies! such a great freaking night for me that night. my son was up for hours crying himself to sleep and not wanting to be bothered. he is going on 4 on tuesday..... i feel so bad. he doesn't even want to celebrate his birthday now because Hades (his kitty) will not be there. i let him pick a new fish and he is happy that he has one again. so he is no longer upset about that. our female cat is due with kittens any day now, so i hope that she will have them by his birthday that way he can pick a kitten. i think that will help him out a little.

now on to the rant part..... why is it that when someone finds out your pet dies they just think it is stupid. like the pet doesn't matter. when i told my friend his fish dies she had no sympathy for him and told him it is just a fish not like it is anything that matters. and that upset him even more! why would you even say that to a 4 year old?! seriously. and of course she sees nothing wrong with that. this fish LOVED my son. they would play hide and seek together! that is crazy. i watched my son for an hour playing hide and seek and the fish would actually go looking for him no matter what side of the tank he moved on. and he would hide from my son and pop out after and it was so cute! i will never get a fish that does that again..... my son keep looking at the tank almost wishing he would re-appear in the tank. poor little guy.

just wish people were more sensitive to other's personal preferences. just because YOU don't like fish doesn't mean someone else doesn't. children love fish. they are colorful and interesting to watch. they also help calm them down sometimes. so why wouldn't you like fish?! they are great animals and are very relaxing.

Last edited by yyankeeyankeefan; 02-24-2012 at 05:38 PM.
yyankeeyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #12052 
fishman12

Sena! EWWWWWWWWWWWW!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #12053 
Sena Hansler

awww yankee!!

and I know, fishman. That's what I thought. -.- If it were cat pee it wouldn't be as bad but would still make me ANGRY because 1. kitchen cloth KITCHEN cloth! and 2. NOT MY CAT. I would've rehomed the inbred rat by now >.> (I like cats, just not this one. or it's owner.)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #12054 
yyankeeyankeefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
awww yankee!!

and I know, fishman. That's what I thought. -.- If it were cat pee it wouldn't be as bad but would still make me ANGRY because 1. kitchen cloth KITCHEN cloth! and 2. NOT MY CAT. I would've rehomed the inbred rat by now >.> (I like cats, just not this one. or it's owner.)
that is really really nasty!!! why would you put it back is my main question?! seriously....THROW IT AWAY! common sense! if you are going to soak up pee then don't put it where you are going to cook...and if it isn't cat pee and there are no other animals......be concerned! that is one nasty room mate!
Old 02-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #12055 
Sena Hansler

He is a little... how can we say... "PO'd" at me? however I never thought it was literal. And trust me it's in scalding water and if I weren't allergic to bleach I'd use that too. without being diluted. twice. -.- My guineas are at my friend's house until the 2nd, and he is here 'til the 29th. Also like I said I worked with animals. I know what cat pee smells like. and dog pee. and guinea, rabbit, mouse, hamster.... darn near everything.
which reminds me.. -sanitizes my kitchen counters-

On a good note, I am researching chinchilla care. May or may not get one, but we'll see :) the one I found is a friendly gal.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #12056 
yyankeeyankeefan

On a good note, I am researching chinchilla care. May or may not get one, but we'll see :) the one I found is a friendly gal.[/quote]

omg do i love chincillas! wish they had some here. they are so freaking cute! if you get one you so have to post pictures!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #12057 
Sena Hansler

I totally will lol. I'd rather find a "I am the owner now giving away" vs a "breeder" or the store. A little hard but meh worth a shot :) I even have a nice cold room in the basement for it
Old 02-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #12058 
yyankeeyankeefan

sweet. i have only baby sat for one before. it was awesome! we loved to watch it take baths. it was the cutest thing ever!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #12059 
fishman12

Why do I have so much homework all the time????????????????????????????
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #12060 
Sakura8

Because you are a junior high student, that is why, fishman.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou