Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #12101 
Sena Hansler

My skinny had been "unwanted by my children because he nibbles. He doesn't bite but they don't want to hold him." so kinda close to the "lost interest" "children" and such likes.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #12102 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
My skinny had been "unwanted by my children because he nibbles. He doesn't bite but they don't want to hold him." so kinda close to the "lost interest" "children" and such likes.
*happy*
thats how minnie was but i didnt want my kids to just not pay attention to her, so we would take turns either holding her or atleast talking to her, kind of one on one so they didnt see her as the biting g.pig. It took alittle effort but she and they eventually got used to each other. I believe taking the time to teach a child that other living beings feel is being lost. Question and i know it unrelated but the mice i was given, can one female be more aggressive towards the others like female bettas and will a "time-out" help ? lol atleast you kept him, i think in that gesture alone your kids will maybe try again to bond with him, actions speak louder then words as the saying goes lol

Last edited by BettaHeart; 02-28-2012 at 12:23 AM.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:51 AM   #12103 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nibbling is probably just their way of getting to know you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:03 AM   #12104 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Nibbling is probably just their way of getting to know you.
hmm i wonder how you taste? let me nibble on your finger, oh thats what human flavor is like atleast its not like my gelding Goliath, always tried to take a big chomp out of the men
Old 02-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #12105 
Sena Hansler

that and he wasn't fed hay. So I will make sure my boy has hay.

And I found a "time out" for my females worked. Actually, although they beat each other up they mope if they are alone. So I tend to move everything around and do an occasional huge water change, which requires me to remove them, move everything around, add plants and ornaments... Then they focus more on the environment than each other. So far, the four sisters don't like anyone else (bettas I mean) so I guess there will only ever be 4 lol!!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #12106 
BeautifulBetta

Rant of the day..

I hate when people judge you and call you weird because you have so many fish and like to have them around. They obviously don't know hard but rewarding it is to keep these magnificent fish. People wonder why I dont have much of a life..Oh I could have a life, I just prefer to interact with my fish, they dont judge me, they love me all the time, and they dont get on my nerves :)
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #12107 
Bombalurina

We have read the case Mabo v Queensland in pretty much every law unit (and I've now done 3 years of law, so 12 units) in my degree. Now, we get to read it again for Property Law. Possibly the first time it is actually relevant, but by now I am just so sick of it that I don't care.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #12108 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
that and he wasn't fed hay. So I will make sure my boy has hay.

And I found a "time out" for my females worked. Actually, although they beat each other up they mope if they are alone. So I tend to move everything around and do an occasional huge water change, which requires me to remove them, move everything around, add plants and ornaments... Then they focus more on the environment than each other. So far, the four sisters don't like anyone else (bettas I mean) so I guess there will only ever be 4 lol!!

Goliath never had a liking for men in the 3 years i had him lol *wonder why lol

rant: My youngest brought home a note saying there is a case of head lice sigh and here i thought I wouldnt have to deal with them on the plus side i checked and shes all clear as well as her siblings. sigh of relief
Old 02-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #12109 
Sena Hansler

-rant- yesterday, my (as of today EX ROOMIE) roomie's cat would NOT shut up. And she isn't even in heat!! On top of that, my ipod smashed really bad, and on top of that I go to work and was told by the department manager "PLEASE scan as MUCH as you can." So I was doing that, unfortunately I need someone else's numbers to scan because I don't have the program on mine... I ask the other department manager, she tells me I am NOT supposed to be scanning, that I am to STRICTLY do zoning, and if I continued to scan I would "F--- up the count" WORD FOR WORD on the last part. all said yelling at me. And to the main manager, she denies saying that and denies yelling.

If that wasn't yelling I don't want to know what is! I wish the ol' witch would just retire already -.-
Old 02-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #12110 
yyankeeyankeefan

my rant for today:

why is my kitty taking her sweet old time having her kittens! i am more excited about them then my kids are. i have been waiting for ever it seems for her to have her babies. i am hoping for a long haired kitten. both my kids get to pick a kitten. i have been trying to encourage her to have her babies. lol. been rubbing her tummy (she seems to like that right now) and welcoming her to have her babies. lol maybe some reverse psychology will make them want to come out.
yyankeeyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou