Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #12171 
Rosso1011

Having difficulty baffling Poseidon's filter. It's the same filter that is in Rosso's tank, but it's being stubborn. I might try again later today, but for right now, I am just plain frustrated with the stupid thing.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #12172 
Sena Hansler

I gotta admit... even goldfish are built on lies. My niece and nephew were given a 1.77 marineland tank with filter (filter is HUGE for that tank) and it's a "perfect for goldfish" tank with photoshopped fish in the tank on the box. Their OTHER grandma (not my mom) gave them two goldfish without instructiions of care. One got dropsy, the other ate him and then had ich, and died. I explained to them why goldies are not for small tanks!!! They can get about... between 2 and 4 feet big! (uses hands to explain)." my nieces reply: "Wow! I thought they only got this big.... (shows an inch with her fingers)." So, we're doing a switch. I use the 1.77 for the only thing it's good for (betta), my nephew gets the 10 gallon after his dad gets everything I tell him to get (heh heh heh..) my nephew is taught about siphoning, the cycle, filters, etc, and he gets one of my rescue babies. I'll give him one of the hardier boys, since well.. he is only 8 but he listens REALLY well.

proper info = proper care.
store info = what the heck did you get a fish for?!

admitting: I had a betta in a cold bowl before. then Mister got a heater and I found a cool square small tank, and he was more active... then I learned more about them.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #12173 
Sakura8

:( My mom's vision is pretty shot and it's getting her down. She misplaced a clear plastic lid today . . . on the stove. We later discovered it when the burner burst into flames. I wish my mom would ask me to help her in the kitchen more. I don't mind helping. Especially if it means the house doesn't burn down.

New stovetop, used all of maybe 3 times, and we need to get a new burner.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #12174 
Betta Slave

Stupid rant compared to everyone else's, I know, but parents. Parents parents parents. Why are you so freaking overprotective? Why? I don't understand. You should be able to trust me and my judgement. Obviously I wouldn't hang out with a guy who I think is going to rape me... Seriously. It's so stupid. We're not even allowed to share a BLANKET. >.>

/I'll shut up. Rant over...
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #12175 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
Stupid rant compared to everyone else's, I know, but parents. Parents parents parents. Why are you so freaking overprotective? Why? I don't understand. You should be able to trust me and my judgement. Obviously I wouldn't hang out with a guy who I think is going to rape me... Seriously. It's so stupid. We're not even allowed to share a BLANKET. >.>

lol ... I know i really shouldnt say anything but maybe its a good sign they are protective of you, their child, i mean there are parents in the world who would allow anything, and i mean anything, to happen to their children,.. babies, toddlers, young child, teens. I have heard so many stories of how evil and cruel some parents can be, some people dont think terrible things can happen to children but the worst things imaginable can and has happened.

It one reason why i am always thankful for my babies otherwise i would not of had them in the first place.
Just give them some time, they probably just need to see you take your time so they know you will and can take care of yourself in case prince charming turns out to be a toad.

as for stupid i think some of mine have been on the lame side so dont worry
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #12176 
Betta Slave

Nono, don't worry. XD I enjoy hearing other people's input. :)

I understand their concern (to a degree, heh) but this has taken it too far; they say they trust my judgement yet I'm not allowed in the basement with him anymore... and they don't understand that other people's parents are quite intimidating when it comes to this stuff. I don't know why, but they do. We know what it was like to be teenagers, they say. Uh, no. You really didn't... I won't go into details, but man, they really didn't. XD Not with parents like that they didn't.

Yeah, I'm going to let the matter settle... we'll see where it goes. My reasoning with them tonight hasn't done anything... maybe they'll be more open tomorrow. We shall see.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #12177 
SaylorKennedy

BS, it's just something that everyone has to go through, I know I had to. Just be thankful your parents care enough to do anything rather than some of the kids I see running around today (and I'm not even that old at 20). But you do need to realize that being a teenager now is SO MUCH different than when they were teenagers.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #12178 
Rosso1011

The lady doing my hair cut it a little shorter than I wanted it. I had let my hair get really long and now I'm kinda in shock. Still looks okay, but it's weird.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #12179 
Betta Slave

SK- I know... :( it is MUCH different now... but I don't get nearly as much freedom as some of my friends do, and it doesn't feel the best XD I know they have my best interests in mind, but...

Yes. I'll stop being a whiny teenager. :D
Old 03-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #12180 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post

Do ya know what goes on under blankets? I understand the concern under it, but when kids get to a certain age they shouldn't be compared to their 8 year old past self. And trust me... it could be a LOT worse, then what you mentioned. My mother, refused to let me participate in school projects like, a marathon in Washington, or Helping The Homeless in Edmonton... She told me I could not be friends with someone 3 years older, who, by the way, helped me out during a very difficult time and for the first time got me to talk to my parents about issues (which now I'll never do again because she took my phone, went through texts, deleted his number, and "banned" me from my friend).... Between the ages of...8 and 13 I wasn't allowed outside because of HER paranoia of the world, and by the time I was 12 I rebelled, because I was being smothered -.-

so I see what you are getting at parents can be tough sometimes. Sometimes for a reason, or sometimes for the dumbest "what were you thinking?" reasons. Oh, and by the way, to show her I was serious in helping with the Helping The Homeless project.... I walked 45 minutes through Spruce Grove to my school when I was 13. I would've walked farther just to prove to her I was old enough to make my own choices and I am glad I did it.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou